We are seeking a Marine Production Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and design manufactured products in accordance with company standards.
- Provides leadership for Superintendents, Foreman and Leads-man; integrates functions in a multi-discipline work environment.
- Develops departmental plans, including production and/or organizational priorities.
- Maintains a clean and safe shipyard.
- Foster well trained and motivated staff; Establish and maintains production goals.
- Coordinates with all functional areas of the shipyard to ensure production schedules are met.
- Work with Operations Manager on shipyard improvements and repairs along with cost and schedules.
- Ensure accurate, complete records are maintained in all the departments.
- Ability to make decisions, take calculated risk and make tough calls. Able to gain input from many different people and use a participative decision-making approach when appropriate.
- Ability to establish clear and consistent expectations and follow up on critical task without micro-managing and hold people accountable in though, but fair manner.
- Ability to motivate and connect with people with sense of enthusiasm, passion and dedication for their work and encourage them to do their best.
- Considerable knowledge of labor, safety and product related state and federal regulation and practices.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices or ability to acquire it quickly.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and meet goals.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities at a time.
- Ability to manage a team consistent with strategic goals and select members that fit the requirements necessary for the team to be successful.
- Applies good judgement and maintains composure in high pressure situations and maintain objectivity and focus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Must have shipyard experience 5+ years
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret; blueprints, drawings, scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond professionally to inquires or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate staff responsibilities/goals and competently oversee a team to success.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to : frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Excel, Microsoft project, etc.
- Ability to lift 0-75 lbs on the regular basis.
- Ability to: walk, bend, stoop, climb,, aboard ships and various heights at 50' aloft, working from scaffolding and man lifts.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat in outside climates or confined spaces.
- Physically and medically able to wear all PPE as prescribed under OSHA standards.
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision & Supplemental Insurance
- 6 paid holidays yearly, including your birthday
- 40 hours paid time off after 1 year with the company
We are an Equal Opportunity employer
Role: Marine Production Manager
Apply for this job now.