Business Grants Service Manager - Ormskirk
Salary: £ 19.67ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To take a lead officer role, direct and manage the Council's approach to delivering COVID related business grants to local businesses, ensuring at all times a high quality customer experience.
- To provide a high quality Customer Experience to local businesses in relation to applying for Business Grants to support them during COVID19.
- To manage, motivate and develop the team processing and administering Business Grants and to develop (and monitor) appropriate performance measures to ensure an efficient, high quality service is provided.
- To be responsible for the effective deployment of resources to achieve performance targets by using an evidence based understanding of changing customer demands.
- To co-ordinate all resources and activities in relation to the management of staff and service delivery within the section including, team meetings, welfare and sickness monitoring; training and development; recruitment and selection; risk management etc.
- To be responsible for the business grants processes and systems ensuring day to day resilience and to project manage, develop and implement new grants schemes (including liaison with members to approve the schemes), training, user testing and change processes associated with the grants schemes, and, under the direction of the Head of Finance, Procurement and Commercial Services, develop, maintain and implement appropriate anti-fraud and assurance systems reporting to CIMT, members and Government as appropriate.
- To ensure Government related returns are actioned on a weekly & monthly basis.
- To monitor, under the direction of the Head of Finance, Procurement and Commercial Services, COVID19 Business Grants budget allocations and funding streams, ensuring reconciliation processes are completed on time.
- To take overall responsibility for any Corporate Enquiries or Complaints relating to the grant process & Elected Members Patch Problems, identifying and recommending service improvement.
- To identify and understand gaps in knowledge and skills within the team and ensure that these are addressed via the People Plan and corresponding training and development plan.
- To support the Council's drive to be evidence-based and intelligence-led, ensuring that opportunities to add to this approach are identified and actioned
- To support and embrace the implementation of a change culture within the Council to assist with the development of a sustainable, forward thinking organisation.
- To prepare, hold and be responsible for the effective management of budgets allocated to the Business Grants Team, taking decisions regarding key areas of expenditure on a day to day basis.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.