Secondary Teaching Assistant required
The Deputy Head and governing body of an oversubscribed Secondary School located in the Woolton, Liverpool area are recruiting for a full time teaching assistant to join their wonderful school and Key Stage 3 team from when the schools re-open after lockdown (mid-late February).
This is a new role in school and the key responsibilities for the successful applicant would be to provide small group support and lead tailored interventions to pupils in KS3 & 4. The Deputy Head is keen to secure a dynamic enthusiastic practitioner on a temporary basis for the remainder of the academic year. This roles working hours are 8:45-15:30 with 30 minutes unpaid lunch. This role is five days per week and term time only.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a Level 2 childcare related qualification as a minimum. Newly Qualified Teachers who wish to gain further experience are welcome to apply.
- Have a genuine passion for the development of each child in your care providing an inclusive environment where all can learn and all are encouraged to meet their full potential.
- Uphold the whole school ethos and be involvement in school life and events.
- Have experience of supporting children, KS3 & 4 school experience would be advantageous however not essential.
- Be confident planning interventions and tracking progress alongside the main class teacher.
- Be able to provide contact details of two referees from their two most recent employers.
This school has an excellent reputation within the local community and has been over-subscribed for a number of years. The successful applicant will be joining and collaborate and supportive staff team who are encouraged to share best practise to ensure consistent quality teaching across the school and share high expectations for pupils. All staff members are encouraged to follow the same behaviour policy and encourage children to take ownership for their own behaviour through a nurturing approach, this has resulted in excellent behaviour across the school where children are eager to learn. In addition, this school boasts excellent facilities and resources available to teachers and pupils.
The Deputy Head is keen to see CV's of interested applicants. If this sounds like a role you may be interested in - please click apply now. Or alternatively, email your CV to #removed# and I will contact you within two working days to discuss next steps.