We strive to provide care that adheres to our tradition of excellence, which is our work culture - Hopeful. Optimistic. Positive. We create this encouraging environment for our patients with the highest standards and methods of care. That is our primary FOCUS!
Focus On Patients…
One Patient, One Focus by providing medical, personal, and emotional care for our clients based upon their individualized Plan of Care. Providing support and personal services, while enabling patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient conditions.
Focus On Our Team...
Every team member is a part of our team of caregivers (from the office to the field). We believe in empowering our healthcare team to deliver the highest-quality in-home care by providing the right tools.
To ensure the highest quality care is provided to AccordCare clients as an integral part of the quality and compliance team. This role will maintain, and track documentation related to client care and ensure compliance requirements are being met. The Quality Management Specialist will maintain caregiver compliance documentation for yearly updates including educational, CPR and medical recertification needs. This position is a point person for education of caregivers regarding the electronic medical record and learning management system, getting the appropriate documentation completed and alerting leadership with any quality/compliance issues related to care being delivered.
- Implement and track current quality initiatives.
- Track care note/documentation submission for Accord Care.
- Perform and track chart audits for completeness and compliance requirements. Coordinates and communicates with branch office leadership regarding findings.
- Track supervisory visits performed in accordance with regulatory timeframe requirements. Works with office managers/assessment nurses/nurse supervisors to get the required visits completed and documented in the EMR.
- Implement processes to track caregiver certification/compliance requirements.
- educate caregivers/nurses on the electronic medical record and learning management system during onboard and when problems arise.
- Travel occasionally to branch locations, possibly overnight, to perform audits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred; High School diploma/GED Certificate required.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality measures and standards for the organization and state regulatory bodies.
- Electronic medical records utilization and how to input, extract and manipulate data for reporting purposes.
- General administrative skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and adapt to proprietary computer systems;
- Problem solving; communication skills; team player; interpersonal skills; good collaboration skills; customer service skills.
- Demonstrate empathy, caring and self-confidence.
- Ability to pay attention to details resulting in thorough follow through; anticipate problems in advance and know whether to diffuse or escalate; prioritize and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- High level of critical thinking, problem solving skills, and solutions minded.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; always maintaining professional demeanor and appearance.