Vision For Education are currently looking for Teaching Assistants to work in Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Provisions across Greater Manchester.
The units and provisions we work with provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to pupils' lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The roles can either be part or full-time dependant on your preferences.
- To work either with small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may be statemented and have Special Educational Needs.
- To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- To work alongside the classroom teacher.
Requirements - A successful candidate must:
- Have relevant experience at a minimum of 6 weeks
- be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work or inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who can establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3748.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
We only pay P.A.Y.E, we do not work with umbrella companies.