Locksmiths USA is a locksmith and security service company with locations in New York and Washington DC. We are seeking experienced commercial and residential locksmiths for various service locations.
This is a full-time position with benefits and competitive pay. As a locksmith you will provide specific solutions and recommendations on restoring locking hardware.
Ability to apply a complete knowledge of locksmith theory and practice, including construction characteristics of locks and use of key code books and/or computerized reference materials. Ability to use arithmetic involving decimals and fractions; to read and interpret various lock diagrams and blueprints; to set-up and operate key duplicating and code machines and their accessories; to use micrometers, hand tools and locksmith tools used in repairing locks and in fitting and making keys. Ability to pick locks, combination locks, safes, as well as knowledge of drilling or burning of safes and locks. Requires ability to interact well with customers, work well with little supervision, and be a self-starter.
- 3+ years experience as a commercial and/or residential locksmith. Automotive locksmith experience is a plus, but not required
- Personable, honest, detail oriented
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid and current DCA Locksmith License
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Security and Background check
- Drug test
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Opening, repairing, installing, recombination and adjustment of locks and safes
- Duplicating and fitting keys
- Installation, repair and maintenance of various electronic or mechanical locks and safes
- Routine maintenance on locking devices, including the replacement of parts as well as the repair and fabrication of parts to ensure the continued security that the locking devices provide
- Work independently or with others to install and maintain door hardware such as panic hardware, latch bolts, door knobs, handles, mechanical cipher locks, electric locks and other related items
- Perform such typical operations as decoding and opening locks by use of lock picking tools, dismantling or other methods
- Repair worn or broken parts
- Adjusting, recombining of several different key variations such as master, submaster, and service key.
- Establish new key systems within the guidelines of existing master key chart
- Establish high security (unduplicatable) key systems for sensitive areas
- Maintain and change safe and vault combinations, including drilling safes due to lost combos
- Maintain and change digital security lock combos
WHAT WE OFFER
- The most advanced career growth path for young entrepreneurs, self-starters and beginning locksmiths
- Own your own locksmith business program
- Pleasant and positive working environment with a friendly all star team
- Flexible working hours
- Training and certification
- Tools, uniform and transportation
- Paid leave
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
LOCKSMITHS USA IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY!
Apply for this job now.