The Manufacturing Controller helps improve manufacturing and product quality and employee performance and to achieve organizational objectives. The Controller measures actual performance against target costs, profit and productions and determines whether they are being achieved. Manufacturing cost control is beneficial in efficiently using limited resources in the competitive manufacturing environment.
We will provide relocation assistance for this position!
The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance operations of the plant, as well as supporting strategic objectives and initiatives of the company.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Budget development and administration.
- Collects, interprets and reports financial data and trends.
- This position reports directly to the CFO.
- Cost Accounting
- Inventory Audits
- Monthly results: Balance sheet, P&L, Cost of quality, Scrap report
- Investments: Leasing, Capitalizing assets (SAP)
- Sales/Accounting SAP: Releases, Reports, Reconciliations, Invoices, Prices, Purchase orders
- NAFTA Certifications
- Other duties as assigned
Controller Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a work group or team.
- SAP and/or similar systems experience (including implementation).
Manufacturing Controller Experience:
- 4 year degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- 5 years manufacturing accounting experience in increasingly complex roles (OEM preferred).
- Experience with workgroups in professional and/or manufacturing settings.
- Must have an Active CPA or be close to obtaining one.
- International experience (working with customers and co-workers from a variety of countries).
Powered by JazzHR