Founded in 1938, and operating terminals in West Fargo, ND and Sanford, NC, our client runs flatbed and step-deck trailers. In addition to flatbed trucking, this company handles specialized, high-value hauls and provides oil field cargo services. Its territory covers the U.S. and Canada with about 30 percent of our client's business in Canada. The company has won numerous national and state driving safety awards. Whether your freight - including transformers, tower cranes, truck cranes, front-end loaders and dozer transportation - is over-sized or over-dimensional, our client has what it takes to get your heaviest load where it needs to be throughout their national service area.Flatbed Safety Manager:
This individual is responsible for all aspects of safety throughout the organization, reports directly to the Director of Safety and has direct supervisory authority for the Safety Coordinator and or Training Coordinator.Responsibilities:
- Manage all safety-related aspects of the day to day safety of the organization including but not limited to road tests, safety training and program development and load securement.
- Yard safety including inspection management of all equipment when present and ensuring proper load securement before equipment departs.
- CSA Compliance, responsible for monitoring and managing CSA compliance for all vehicles. Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels in all CSA basics.
- Safety Education, responsible for delivering a safety curriculum that enhances safety awareness through weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Responsible for monitoring safety protocol at outside customer locations and port operations. Travel as needed and warranted.
- Accident management with first call responsibility in cooperation with the Director of Safety.
- Portray a courteous and professional attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicate with other departments within the company as necessary to perform job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with two years continuing education in the field of risk management required.
- Four years of risk management experience in a trucking environment (FMCA) required.
- Experience in a safety role in a trucking company in their glass division is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary and Standard Benefits.
Role: Flatbed Safety Manager
Apply for this job now.