Job Description2ND SHIFT SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK
Leading distribution company with plants throughout the U.S. and worldwide.
We have immediate openings for Shipping/Receiving Clerk to join our team.
- 2nd Shift - Sunday-Thursday, 10 am -8:30 pm plus every other Friday required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for performing a variety of shipping and receiving tasks under general supervision. The shipping and receiving clerk will verify the order to match the received materials and prepare the items for proper shipment.
- Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
- Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products.
- Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks and more safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
- Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
- 1-2 years of Warehouse - Shipping and Receiving experience
- 1 year of Forklift experience
- High School Education required.
- Ability to use a computer or tablet a plus
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work under pressure
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- $14.75/hour plus OT
- Paid holidays and vacation
We strongly encourage Veterans and Military Spouses to apply. J-427
- Apply Now — takes less than 30 seconds to complete a quick form.
- We personally review every application and we take it very seriously.
- For obvious reasons, we may not be able to respond to every application.
- However, if you need to follow up on your status, feel free to email Naomi Bunce (Naomi at 7Eagle dot com) after four business days.