Grafton Banks Finance is working exclusively with a growing global financial services business in Surrey to recruit a Technical Accounting Manager. You will ideally be an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant either from a top 4 firm of accountants looking for a move into industry or already working in a similar role in industry in order to apply. You will also be technically confident with IFRS reporting standards. The role can be based in the Surrey offices, Dublin or 90% remotely to suit the successful candidate.
The Technical Accounting Manager will ensure that all transactions, M&A, JVs etc are correctly accounted for in accordance with IFRS and group accounting policies and that the approach taken with respect to non-routine, complex or judgemental matters is appropriately documented.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Act as the key contact from Group Finance for any complex transactions the business enters into
- Ensure that the details and accounting for any complex transactions is appropriately documented and that the transactions are correctly recorded in the general ledger and correctly presented in external reports
- Act as a key contact for external auditors and ensure that any agreed recommendations are implemented
- Present accounting conclusions and bookings for complex transactions to external auditors in order to ensure their full understanding to ensure smooth and timely audit approval
- Advise on new accounting requirements or developments that may necessitate changes to group accounting policies or new policies
- Point of contact as the “IFRS Expert” for queries from across the business
- Proactively maintain and update group accounting policies, liaising with external accounting advisors where necessary
- Maintain and update the “Accounting Manual”
- Ensure that the general ledger is correctly maintained, and that monthly processes and bookings support the correct accounting at entity level
- Design processes and manage changes where needed to ensure that the GL supports efficient reporting of financial results
- Attend updates and training to remain up to date with any new accounting standards and industry interpretation and practice
- Implement accounting excellence and consistency, providing updates to the Finance accounting community as required
You will report directly to one of the global Group Reporting Directors and be the subject matter expert on IFRS. You can expect to receive a competitive salary, 15% bonus, pension and health care.