Lead Engineer - Brake System
Job Summary of the Lead Engineer - Brake System:
Lead level engineer with brake system experience is required to play a key role in providing design innovations and technical leadership to achieve the project goals for one of our clients in Michigan area. This client is a well-known brand and supplies the OEM parts across the globe. If you have good experience with mechanical design for automotive applications, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer - Brake System:
- Lead the design and development of existing conventional and electronic brake component and system designs to new/existing OEM customer applications
- Provide support in design innovations and technical leadership to achieve project goals.
- Oversee project from concept through product manufacturing launch
- Perform necessary calculations required to select brake system sizing, predict output, assure function, and achieve customer requested performance
- Make appropriate engineering decisions by requesting and acting upon FEA, NVH, and other CAE analysis and support information
- Gather and understand all relevant project information, maintain project folders, liaise with customer on technical issues, and interface with other departments and functions.
- Conduct project design reviews within both local and global R&D organization, local and global management, at manufacturing plants, with customer, and at component suppliers.
- Guide local and global CAD designers in execution of brake application packaging, design modifications, and production of solid models and detail drawings. Check drawings for approval, and prepare associated release documentation.
- Deliver presentation materials in support of new program proposals and during project development phases to communicate information.
- Provide solutions for deliver presentation materials in support of new program proposals and during project development phases to communicate information.
- Generate and update DFMEA for brake designs, follow up on action items to address high severity and RPN items.
- Ensure the design/development/application tasks are completed withing the given time by maintaining awareness of program timing milestones
- Collaborate with team members for planning, execution, and reporting of experimental and validation testing for conventional and electronic brake components.
- Analyze test results and analysis, and recommend corrective actions in cases of performance non-compliance.
- Participate in the design and creation of test procedures; recommend and implement improvements to test equipment, procedures, and methodologies.
- Work with validation engineers and technicians for performing procedures and technical aspects of test and measurement execution.
- Use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing on drawings.
- Perform modifications to test samples, ability to assemble conventional and electronic brake system components from sub-components.
- Participate in the creation of product design concepts, components, and fixture drawings using commercial software such as CATIA, Auto-Cad, Solid Works, ME-10.
- Report to management and stakeholders on status, outcomes, and results versus established targets and metrics.
- participate in globally hosted meetings
Qualifications of the Lead Engineer - Brake System:
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. MS preferred
- Atleast 3 years of experience in mechanical design for automotive applications.
- Experience with design of conventional/foundation and/or electronic braking component/system applications for the automotive industry.
- Strong knowledge of design concepts, including mechanics, mechatronics, physics, kinematics, materials science, etc.
- Experience with use of commercial design and analysis tools such as CATIA, Auto-Cad, Solid Works, ME-10, MATLAB, etc. will be preferred
- Experience in reporting to/negotiating with OEM organizational management will be preferred
Salary Range: $110000-$125000/year, depending on experience
Location: Plymouth, MI
Travel: Upto 20% (Domestic and International)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to Review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only (must have 3+ years remaining). NO OPT/F1 will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- Conventional, Brake, OEM, development, design, FEA, NVH, CAE, analysis, CAD, drawing, GDT, DFMEA, RPN, planning, execution, CATIA, Auto-Cad, "Solid Works", "ME-10", "Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing", foundation, mechanics, mechatronics, physics, kinematics, "materials science"
Role: Lead Engineer - Brake System
Apply for this job now.