Company: EDF RENEWABLES DISTRIBUTED SOLUTIONS, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Scope of Job: The Civil Engineer is responsible for creating, reviewing, and managing engineering deliverables as assigned by the Director of Engineering or Project Managers. Duties include both day-to-day tasks as assigned and longer term, broader scope responsibilities associated with specific projects. As part of the Engineering team, the Civil Engineer will support projects throughout the project lifecycle: project development, conceptual design, and project construction. The Civil Engineer is a subject matter expert for the EPC Division and the in-house Development Team. The Civil Engineer must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in communicating complex technical topics with non-technical audiences. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for clear communications and effective interactions both within the Company and externally with Company consultants, contractors, clients, and partners.
- Prepare engineering deliverables, including plan and elevation drawings, schematics, purchase orders, and schedules in support of PV (photovoltaic) energy generation system design for commercial and utility projects. Develop designs in consideration of available equipment, existing site conditions, and OSHA safety requirements for construction and system operation, with the primary focus on site conditions and racking systems.
- Conduct site assessments, review soil borings and environmental assessments, and incorporate into conceptual design deliverables in support of the EPC department and business.
- Communications with Project Managers, who coordinate scheduling and permitting for project execution.
- Create, organize, and maintain documents associated with projects' basis of design throughout the project life cycle; assist the project team in identifying key project design risks and enabling effective decisions.
- Implement strategies for integration of new tools, new products, new vendors, code changes, best practices, and disseminate to internal departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Others: None.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Five years' relevant design experience, particularly including experience in designing foundations and structures for construction; commercial PV design preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred by not required
- NABCEP certified preferred by not required
Requires knowledge of:
- Building Codes
- Project Management experience
- Computer-based drafting experience (AutoCAD)
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Working Conditions: Most work time will be spent in an office environment, but occasional site visits may be performed. Significant time spent on the phone and working on computer.
Fiscal Responsibilities: None.
Location: Columbia, MD or will consider East coast remote
Reasonable Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.Job Posted by ApplicantPro