Location: Cannon AFB, New Mexico
Total Compensation: 28.65
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
Schedule: Minimum40 hrs./wk as well as on-call emergency services to victims after duty hours.
As part of the United States Air Force (USAF) Family Advocacy Program (FAP), DAVAs provide 24/7 crisis intervention services and ongoing supportive services to USAF personnel, their family members, or intimate partners who are victims of domestic abuse whenever requested. These services include, but are not limited to: development of safety/risk assessments, explanation of victim's rights, creating safety plans, court/medical accompaniment, and providing information and referral services. With exception of mandatory state, federal, and military reporting requirements the DAVA provides a private and confidential service to encourage victims in seeking assistance.
· Provides 24 hour/7 days a week response to victims alleging domestic abuse by publishing and maintaining an emergency contact number.
· Partners with the Family Advocacy case manager, or mental health on-call provider if the treatment/case manager is unavailable, to establish current and effective safety plans. The victims' safety is the DAVA's top responsibility and priority by providing safety assessments and planning services.
· Immediately reports any changes in the victim's circumstances that changes or impacts the safety plan to the FAP treatment/case manager or mental health on-call provider if the treatment/case manager is unavailable.
· Advises victims of the military or civil actions available to promote safety to them and their children. Offers victims information regarding their identified needs (e.g. emergency shelter, housing, childcare, legal services, clinical resources, medical services, transitional compensation, etc.).
· Accompanies the victim to appointments or court proceedings when requested by the victim.
· Supports the development of System Advocacy, Education and Public Awareness materials and activities promoting a coordinated community response to domestic abuse.
· Responsible to participate in an on-call after hour’s schedule. DAVAs conduct case management for follow-up with victims
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in: Social Work; Psychology; Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling; Counseling or Behavioral Science; Criminal Justice; or related field.
· Experience: Minimum two years’ experience assisting and providing advocacy services to victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault; and have general knowledge regarding military programs/organizations, chain of command, unit missions, life styles, and dynamics that contribute to family stress, problems and crisis situations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience in documenting and applying data analysis within internal database/software.
ADC Management Services, Inc. was established in 2004. It is a small minority-woman owned 8(a) company certified with the US Small Business Administration. ADC specializes in technical, administrative, and managerial services. We provide outsourcing solutions to government and commercial clients.
Our Staff has over 40 years experience in the Government contracting, and commercial outsourcing industries. We know how to work with procurement and acquisitions teams to provide experienced personnel to meet the various needs of our clients.
Role: Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate- Cannon AFB
Apply for this job now.