Are you a vibrant, responsible, and confident Human Resources professional who is ready to join our growing team? We are looking for a full-time, long-term, HR Generalist to join our HR Team to provide direct support to our leadership and employees. As an integral part of our HR Team, you will help ensure we continue to create a workplace that fosters quality, productivity, and personal and professional development.
With the continued growth of our company, we need a team player who can also work independently to lead a broad array of HR initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment. This is a great opportunity for you to shine and make an impact on our people and company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to employees and management in handling all human resource related activities which may include: employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication, the interpretation of policies and procedures, disciplinary actions, and performance evaluations.
- Support and serve as a liaison between employees and management.
- Assist with training employees and management on maintaining a productive and positive work environment
- Help with recruitment efforts and new hire processes including but not limited to: interviewing, checking references, making job offer recommendations, processing new hire paperwork, and participating in job fairs.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Maintain new hire and termination information for Payroll and Cobra
- Address benefits related questions such as leave of absences and benefits eligibility
- Process termination packages and conduct exit interviews.
- Continuously establish, implement, and update HR processes.
- Maintain personnel records and ensure they are up to date\
- Coordinates employee recognition programs and incentives
- Ensure all employee badges are up-to-date including: submitting new badge applications and renewal applications, and communicating deadlines to employees and management (*Note: training will be provided).
- Assist with processing payroll bi-weekly including: reviewing timecards, correcting any potential discrepancies, assist with sick time and PTO administration.
- Maintain performance evaluations (including transition follow-up) and notify Managers of upcoming evaluations and follow-up
- Additional duties as requested
- Strong communications skills: interpersonal, verbal, and written.
- Ability to work with all levels of associates and management within the company
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Possess strong analytical, critical, problem-solving, and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make recommendations on personnel issues and actions
- Ability to manage a variety of projects without losing sight of priorities and overall objectives
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must be flexible. Occasional overtime/travel may be needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field experience\
- Minimum 2+ years of Human Resources experience
- Human Resources experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, associate relations, associate communications, and leave of absence laws.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, investigation skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- Payroll experience. ADP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively
Legendary Hospitality Group, Inc. (LHG) is a growing hospitality management company that specializes in back-of-house services, including operations, human resources, project management, finance, and marketing. We pride ourselves in exploring every detail in our spaces to create a lasting customer experience within our unique atmospheres. LHG builds diverse teams that provide excellent customer service, adapt to ever-changing industry demands, and continually evaluates processes to help grow client businesses.
Role: HR Generalist/Payroll (San Jose)
Apply for this job now.