Asa Carlton, headquartered in Buford,d GA, is an interior finish build out company. Fit and Finish, that’s what we do.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Analyze and distribute drawings and specifications, collect bids and compile estimates and proposals. Work with clients to maximize budget and perform value analysis.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze drawings and specifications and distribute to bidding subcontractors.
- Understand contractual terms, conditions, and requirements.
- Create detailed take-offs for each project and use to develop cost and analyze subcontractor proposals.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to ensure each trade includes full scopes of work.
- Create and maintain a cost database for labor and material pricing.
- Oversee estimating efforts and review/approve proposals compiled by junior associates.
- Lead preconstruction teams through the estimating, proposal, and value engineering processes.
- Work with clients to value engineer projects within their budget.
- Provide mentorship to junior estimators by assisting with coordination and sharing experience.
- Enhance relationships with clients, architects, and engineers.
- Maintains commercial construction estimating staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees; planning monitoring and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
1) Special projects as assigned by Department Head.
2) Propose improvements for making work procedures more efficient.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering
- 10 or more years of experience in construction estimating
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication abilities, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Analytical skills and flexibility in dealing with a changing environment is required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Able to get along well with others in a team environment.
- Industry knowledge of trends and designs.
Equipment and Applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, *ESTIMATING SOFTWARE.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between buildings, and between levels within buildings
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals associated with office work
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
Asa Carlton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction or engineering, or equal experience
- Construction Estimator for minimum of 10 years
Asa Carlton, Inc. began operations in 2003 as a commercial construction firm specializing in retail, hospitality, office, and healthcare interiors nationwide. Today, the company continues to grow rapidly into one of the most respected and widely used performance-based interior contractors on a national level. Asa Carlton Inc.’s services, in addition to General Contracting, include performing many of the critical path interior scopes of work such as drywall, flooring, and fixtures with our own forces - allowing us to more closely control the schedule and quality of each project.
Asa Carlton, Inc. maintains licenses in most states - and Puerto Rico. From smaller retail rollouts, resets, attractions, and merchandising projects to multi-site programs, complete renovations, conversions, and new construction, Asa Carlton’s focus is always on the customer’s complete satisfaction with zero disruption to their end user.
Role: Estimator - Construction
Location: Jackson County,
Apply for this job now.