Senior Full Stack C# / .NET Developer C# / ASP.NET / SQL / Web / .NET Core Location: Fradley, Lichfield, Plymouth or Bristol Salary band starts at: £36,525 SF32403
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking for a Senior Full Stack C# / .NET Developer to join us at Babcock Digital Solutions. Babcock Digital Solutions is part of Devonport Royal Dockyard (DRDL), one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. We're a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy.
We ensure that the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting them in Devonport and around the world, delivering complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes and applying our core strengths of technology and expertise to sustain critical and complex assets to help maintain national security.
As a Senior Full Stack C# / .NET Developer, you'll be part of a diverse Applications Solution team where your focus will be on supporting and developing applications to be used by Babcock and MoD. The team develops and maintains custom web applications based on C#. Our current products makes use of .Net Framework (4.6.1) and .Net Core (3.1 LTS or higher), together with a SQL Server or Oracle Database. Our applications are hosted using IIS. This Senior Full Stack C# / .NET Developer will be challenged by customer design and developing bespoke applications.
This role can be based at Fradley Park (Lichfield), Bristol or Plymouth.
What do I need to do the role? You will ideally have a degree or HNC level within a Computer Studies or related subject but this is not essential.
We would also like you to have experience in the following areas:
* Application / Web Development
* C# (Currently using .NET Core 3.1)
* Web Forms * RESTful API's
* Unit Tests / Dependency Injection
* Web methods and HTTP(S) endpoints
* ASP.NET MVC / Classic ASP
* SQL Server or Oracle
* Experience of documentation of work, commenting, and proper organisation of code so end users and other team members can use and support individually developed code in the future.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
* This role is based in Lichfield, Bristol (North Bristol or Keynsham), or Devonport. You must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance, and other security clearances as the position demand; e.g. Met Police, CRB Check.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face. Please follow the link