POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position located in Exton, PA.
- Provides technical direction regarding all projects within the engineering department.
- Offers technical, product and procedural guidance to engineering staff.
- Carries shared responsibility for the overall health of the Company based on designs that meet customer expectations, manufacturing capabilities and comply with pertinent governing agencies.
- Coordinates efforts with the VP of Product Development in order to best advance Company goals. Engaged in mechanical, electrical and software related aspects on all engineering projects.
- Must be able to undertakes special Engineering projects without close supervision
- Assists in developing product and system specifications
- Involved with the candidate selection process for engineering professionals.
- Is aware of the status of engineering projects, can make reports as directed or undertake investigations to determine progress and root cause.
- Assists the VP of Product Development and fills in, as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing all engineering design activities.
- MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of (10) years of avionics design experience.
- Knowledge in all Engineering aspects and regulatory guidance pertaining to the design of avionics equipment.
- Good understanding of DO-178C and guided SW design methodology in general
- Must be able to understand and interpret PCB schematics and aircraft wiring diagrams
- Experience with System Safety Assessment processes is desired
- Experience with IBM Doors is desired
- Verified understanding of aircraft technology and interfaces.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Pilot license is a plus
If you're thinking of making a change and want to learn more, reach out to me. Your current employer need not know. This is confidential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.