About Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor is a leading global provider of professional services and technology solutions to the insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry, employing some of the industry's 'best in class' professionals and technical experts. Our services and solutions support every stage of the insurance lifecycle and every aspect of the insurance operating model, across all major commercial insurance lines as well as technical areas of personal insurance. We serve a diversified blue-chip international customer base that includes national and international insurance companies, mutuals, captives, MGAs, Lloyd's syndicates, and reinsurers, along with brokers, distributors, and corporate insureds.
Charles Taylor is PE-backed, following a majority investment by Lovell Minnick Partners in January 2020, and has strong ambitions for organic and acquisition-led growth.
Our delivery of high quality, tailored services and solutions to our clients is backed by our core values of support, excellence in people, client partnership, quality of work, entrepreneurship, and positive change. We look for employees who exemplify these values to join us and help drive our growth.
For more information, please visit #removed#
Overall purpose of the job
Charles Taylor is looking for a Risk and Controls Manager to join its central assurance team. This is a great opportunity to join the 2nd Line of Defence Function. The role will report to the Group Head of Risk and sits within the Group's Assurance function with responsibility for the identification, management, and mitigation of risk across the Group.
The main areas of focus include monitoring and supporting all functions and business units with the risk management framework, providing advice on risk and controls matters to colleagues across the business. Supporting the business units and functions with the identification of risks and key controls, control design and effectiveness. Monitoring and testing of compliance with the global key control framework including the financial controls framework.
This is a replacement position which offers a variety (both in nature and international scope) of interesting and challenging work, working as part of a strong team in support of a global business with ambitious growth plans.
- You will support the development and maintenance of a risk and controls culture across Charles Taylor, including continuous communication with controls operators and owners across the global business.
- You will monitor and support all function and business units with the risk management framework.
- You will provide leadership and guidance on risk management concepts.
- You will promote the value of risks with key stakeholders and facilitate risk through developing relationships and designated risk sessions.
- You will champion Risk Management across the business units, supporting the identification and assessment of business, operational and financial risks.
- You will support the group wide implementation of a Risk management tool.
- You will support the ongoing iteration and improvement of Charles Taylor Minimum control standards.
- You will support the key stakeholders in the identification of Key Controls that mitigate the risks, including planning, documentation, testing of Controls, and any follow-ups to ensure mitigation of any failures and weaknesses.
- You will review, evaluate, and document internal controls, including the adequacy of documentation and design effectiveness assessment through review of documents and meeting Control Owners
- You will be