Company: ASSOCIATED CLINICAL LABORATORIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Utilize your skills to improve people's lives.
ACL is searching for an energetic, self-motivated Histotechnologist to join our dynamic team.
- Location: OGH
- 1st Shift
As a professional Histotechnologist your job responsibilities and duties will include:
- Performs routine and special analysis in all Histology and Cytology
- Preparing tissue for processing by accessioning
- Special specimen handling and loading into the tissue processor.
- Performs histology methods of processing, embedding, cutting
- IHC/ISH special staining
- Coverslipping of processed tissue on slides.
- Serves as deiner during autopsies.
- Perform maintenance and QC review on assigned instrumentation.
- Perform other projects as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- NYS Licensure, Bachelors or Associates Degree HT(ASCP) certification or BS degree in Related Science
- Preferred Qualification: 1 year Histology experience
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- In-depth understanding of operating practices and polices
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as needed
ACL and our highly trained team have worked with physicians and hospitals for over 30 years and we understand that in order to provide the best treatment possible, you will need access to the best medical testing and analysis. We strive to live up to our reputation to provide the highest quality and most efficient medical laboratory services to medical providers and patients in the communities we serve.
For New York Applicants click on the link below and read.
Article 23-A of the New York Corrections Code
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.