CPP-Boston has an exciting opportunity for an entry level candidate with QC experience and a background in manufacturing for our facility located in Braintree, MA. This position is responsible for the completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K with employer match, bonus plan, paid vacation and paid holidays.
Perform various duties in the Quality Control Department under the direction of the Department Manager and Quality Control
- Review incoming orders for quality requirements.
- Perform various testing as required (Tensile and hardness, weld-ability tests, Magnetic Testing, etc).
- Generate and email and file test reports.
- Prepare test bars with proper identification (stamping) for machining at outside source.
- Prepare specimen, create purchase orders and write requisitions for outside services.
- Review incoming materials, returns and other products.
- Respond to customer requests for documentation/corrections.
- Perform calibrations and monitor calibration schedules.
- Perform necessary clerical/record keeping duties as required.
- Perform quality control audits as required. Ensure all castings are properly marked and tested in accordance to prescribed standards/ specifications.
- Reports defective material/need of maintenance for equipment to supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment, maintains work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all company rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed
- Education: Vocational/Technical schooling strongly preferred
- Experience: Use of advance trades mathematics together with the use of blueprint reading, various measuring instruments.
With eighteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace & defense components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel & magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. Founded in 1991, CPP has grown substantially over the past 20+ years.
At CPP you will find a results-oriented culture and collaborative atmosphere that offers career growth options in several different areas of the business. With a stable business model and competitive compensation & benefits, CPP is a great option to consider as you look to make your next career move.
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of the company to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, the company will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process.
Role: Quality Control Specialist
Apply for this job now.