Farwest is the preeminent metal solutions provider within the greater Western United States for all of your metals needs.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for our steel division in Vancouver. Join our team!
Shift: Swing Shift
Purpose of Position: Responsible for the safe installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, relocation and removal of all equipment and facilities mechanical systems based on the highest safety, quality standards and best practices in the steel service industry.
Under general supervision, perform maintenance work in the design, installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of mechanical apparatuses, equipment and systems; Travel required. Typically Eight (8) hours/day, potential for staggered starts due to breakdowns or out of town trips with the Maintenance Team. Weekend work and or Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday through Thursday could occur including being on call.
- Perform preventative maintenance on facility and production machinery.
- Troubleshoot, repair and lubricate machines and equipment
- .Perform work on mechanical drive components including bearings, bushings, seals, gears and belt/chain drives.
- Perform layout, welding and fabrication work.
- Install, dismantle, clean, reassemble, and move production machinery. Perform fluid mechanic repairs (hydraulic and pneumatic).
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to Read blueprints and schematics to determine repair procedures.
- Update Computerized Maintenance Management Systemdaily
- Perform assorted production tasks as directed.
- Maintain maintenance logs and equipment files as necessary.
- High School/GED required.
- Candidates must have 3-5 years of production setting maintenance and overhead crane repair experience.
- Strong working knowledge of machinery, mechanics, plumbing, welding, and fluid mechanics (pneumatic and hydraulic).
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of industrial electrical principals and controls.
- Must be able to read micrometer, caliper, dial indicator, and measuring tape.
- Welding certification a plus. CAD experience a plus.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates with experience with personal computer,Forklift, man lift, welders, drills, lathes, saws, cranes, grinders and a variety of hand tools. Must have current license to drive vehicles.
Compliance with general company attendance standards is expected. Must be able to work long and sometimes odd hours to support the Corporation's needs, must be able to be on call, must be able to travel to outlying branches, must be able to travel by plane, must be able to be at outlying branches for many days at a time, must be able to flex schedule to support Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday through Thursday schedules so as to prevent interfering with production needs. Exposure to all types of weather conditions, noise, dust, grease, oil, smoke, fumes and noxious odors
Must be able to follow repair manuals, blue prints, diagrams, to make appropriate repairs, must be able to follow oral and written instructions, must be able to see and hear in normal range with or without correction, must be able to work in a team environment as well as solo. Must be able to work at heights (such as overhead cranes). Must be able to learn how to utilize a computerized maintenance management system.
As a condition of employment, all applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check that must be completed, post offer of employment. Farwest participates in eVerify and we confirm each candidate's eligibility to legally work in the US.
Farwest Steel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
*ADP will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request proof of age or address documentation, when needed.
Powered by JazzHR