Pacific Investment & Management, Inc
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Operate POS (cash register and fuel console) precisely and accurately handle money and other types of payment received for product sold.
- Perform the following service transactions in accordance with company policy: credit card transactions, manufacturer coupon redemption, vendor check-in, alcohol, tobacco and lottery sales, and fast food sales.
- Actively participate in all sales promotions and other campaigns. Practice suggestive selling and build customer relations. Be aware of sales goals and performance against those goals.
- Review and adhere to all city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and wear company uniform and nametag at all times.
- Address customer complaints in a positive manner. Document complaints for follow up by Store Manager or Supervisor.
- Preparation of hot food items in accordance with current procedures as designated by Store Manager. This may include preparing food, and maintaining condiment bar, monitoring fresh food availability, and other duties assigned by the Store Manager.
- Ensure that the store is free of litter and spills and that all equipment is sanitized and free of dirt, as well as ensuring that all equipment is in working condition. Maintain a neat and clean store inside and out.
- Straighten and organize backroom supplies and equipment as needed.
- Face front and dust merchandise.
- Receive product deliveries from vendors: move, sort, and stack cases. Stock shelves with new merchandise.
- Conduct daily inspections of perishable products to check code dates (freshness) and proper rotation.
- Check identification for alcohol, tobacco and lottery products according to company policy.
- Follow company policy on robbery/violence prevention and safety. Review and adhere to store safety/emergency procedures - critical telephone numbers and incident reporting forms and protocol.
- Perform regular cleaning of counter surfaces, store equipment, restrooms and other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Participate in all store sales building, customer service, and team-building activities.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level.
- Ability to bend at waist with some twisting during workday.
- Ability to work with arms bent all day.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and/or crouch while working.
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand truck).
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands throughout workday; requires hand-eye coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- The list of Essential Job Duties is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed at any time.
Qualifications: Experience, Competencies and Education
- A high school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn simple tasks quickly and work with little or no supervision
- Basic math skills
- Food Handlers Permit, if required by store/county
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English
GAS STATION / FOOD MART
Role: Cashier - ( GRAVE YARD SHIFT )
Location: Laguna Beach,
Apply for this job now.