The District Manager (DM) is responsible for overseeing business operations and patient service throughout all offices within their assigned district. The DM is responsible for providing the tools, support, and leadership necessary to deliver incremental revenue improvements; maximum office contributions through control of labor costs and COGS; and a first class patient experience. The DM will deliver these results by building a positive and professional work environment that emphasizes accountability, integrity, and professional growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Drive incremental revenue improvements
Working closely with assigned General Managers and the Regional Manager, execute a plan to growth office revenues by maximizing each appointment;
Provide guidance and functional support to the locations to ensure that they achieve sales and patient service related goals; primarily measured through key performance indicators (KPIs) results; Reinforce the appropriate in-office behaviors that drive both KPI performance and long-term patient loyalty;
Take appropriate actions to address office performance that detracts from revenue growth.
2. Control expenses to maximize office contributions
• Control and efficiently manage labor resources
• Insure Cost of Goods Sold are minimized
Use the P&L (profit and loss statement) for the offices to make smart business decisions; analyze trends within the P&L to proactively plan actions;
Confirm that all office work schedules match budgetary expectations and patient service needs on a daily and weekly basis;
Proactively plan labor allocations within the district to maximize revenue; react to changes in business trends to reallocate resources effectively;
Control payroll costs by monitoring reports and reviewing actual payroll results;
Work in cooperation with Professional Services team to insure OD is providing maximum value and service to patients;
Work in cooperation with Professional Services team to insure that OD is aware of COGS impact on profitability and supports office efforts to improve profitability;
Ensure proper pricing and effective selling techniques are used to maximize revenue while controlling cost of goods (COGs);
Ensures all locations are in compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) - monthly reporting and auditing each office’s performance and records and implementing corrective actions plans, where appropriate, to address non-compliant situations;
Complete District Manager monthly audit to provide updates to the Director of Retail Operations on all findings and corrective actions needing to be taken;
Report all associates concerns or questions to ensure that they are addressed in a timely fashion and routed to the correct individual for resolution; Follow up/through on matters until completed or closed; Proactively coordinate personnel-related matters, including recruiting requirements, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc. with the human resources department and location general manager;
3. Drive patient loyalty and patient satisfaction to deliver maximum value
Ensures that offices in their district are delivering customer service that exceeds the patient’s expectation;
Demand that offices proactively address patient feedback concerns in an immediate, professional manner;
Monitor and react to Patient Loyalty results and align office teams to the critical goal of retaining patients for the long-term health of the company;
Respond with urgency to any examples of inadequate service being delivered to our patients; Reward and recognize great examples of service within the district
Work in cooperation with the Customer Service Department to resolve any outstanding patient concerns to the patient’s satisfaction.
4. Develop team within the district that is fully aligned and can deliver to company goals and expectations
Build a team of associates committed to achieving increased revenue results, building office contributions through labor and COGS focus, and delivering top tier patient service every day.
Ensures that General Managers are supporting the development of associates through new hire training and companywide training initiatives;
Consistently demonstrate behavior and communication styles that effectively communicate the organizational expectations for professionalism and performance while leading by example;
Communicate daily with assigned offices to reinforce the values and the mission of the company; confirm understanding of company direction and insure that in-office behaviors align to that message.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field strongly preferred; additional, related work can substitute for formal degree.
• 3 - 5 years of optometry or healthcare management experience, at least one of which in a high performance, high volume environment (Optical experience preferred; multi-unit management required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated success in providing direction and tactical support in achieving desired business results.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage mulitple priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience in developing and supporting (mentoring) sales and professional staff to maximize their potential and abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and control confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that deadlines are met.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to make abrupt changes or decisions as warranted.
• Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment.
1. Daily Local Travel Required - Must be able to move from location to location within the same day, as needed, in an efficient and effective manner
2. Out of town travel of meetings may be required on periodic basis
Nationally Ranked Optometry Company.
Role: District Manager
Apply for this job now.