We are seeking a sharp, detailed oriented and focused individual who desires a challenging technical position supporting the manufacture, sale, and installation of energy-efficient construction products.
The BuildBlock Technical Coordinator manages technical support for the installation of BuildBlock products, collaborates on technical instruction for internal and external customers as well as others in the design, inspection, and approval of construction projects such as code officials, architects, engineers, and developers.
The technical coordinator reports directly to the President of Operations and collaborates with marketing, sales, and business development. You will be responsible for accurate material estimates, correct technical advice using company approved information and best practices. You will update and maintain the material estimate system for the company as well as support the distribution and professional installation network.
You serve as the key contact and liaison for all technical support for customers, installers, and staff ensuring that every customer experience meets quality standards as defined by the company.
You will participate in training sessions, trade shows and weekly team meetings. This position is based in the corporate office in northwest Oklahoma City.
Key Responsibilities of Position include:
- Complete product material takeoff estimates to support sales, business development, national accounts, and the BuildBlock Distributor Network as needed.
- Answer general technical questions, provide information for engineering and design decisions using best practices and BuildBlock technical & engineering resources.
- Provide additional information about accessory products used with BuildBlock ICFs such as waterproofing and exterior finishes.
- Collaborate with international licensees manufacturing products in other countries.
- Manage and update tools to correctly estimate BuildBlock products and present material needs to customers.
- Develop technical details as needed for new products, manuals, whitepapers, special projects, or training.
- Collaborate with marketing to create illustrations, models, or other graphics as needed.
Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Detailed experience in automating data analysis in Microsoft Excel. Advanced Excel functions and VisualBasic knowledge helpful.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Prior construction knowledge helpful.
- The ability to read and understand architectural construction plans for both residential and commercial construction.
- Experience working with Adobe Acrobat to annotate plans and drawings.
- Strong knowledge of technical drawing using applications such as SketchUp, and AutoDesk programs including AutoCad, Inventor, Revit, and Showcase. Experience in 3D Studio Max helpful.
Important Personal Attributes include:
- Outstanding verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure in a professional manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize his/her time
- Self-motivated and highly reliable
- Strong work ethic, excellent attendance, and willingness to be "on-call."
- Enjoys challenges and a fast-paced/small office environment
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of employees, management, vendors and customers.
BuildBlock Building Systems (buildblock.com) manufactures BuildBlock Insulating Concrete Forms one of the strongest, disaster resilient, and energy-efficient residential and commercial construction materials in the world. Headquartered in north Oklahoma City BuildBlock currently has 15 manufacturing locations across North America and a distributor network nationwide. BuildBlock is a lean, and fast-growing company continuing to expand into new territories and markets.
Role: Construction Technical Assistant
Location: Oklahoma City,
Apply for this job now.