Are you ready for a new challenge in a diverse environment?
As an experienced Compliance Officer, your role will be to provide Compliance support to the International Wealth Management business of Credit Suisse (Luxembourg) S.A. and its branches.
You will be managing the Compliance Coverage Team that is in charge of day-to-day Compliance support Credit Suisse Luxembourg such as advisory, training and investigations in respect to all aspects of the Luxembourg & Branches IWM business. The team currently has a size of five including the department head.
You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer of Credit Suisse Luxembourg & Branches and will also act as the deputy to the CCO.
You will be:
- Deputizing for the Chief Compliance Officer on key initiatives, projects and day-to-day matters as required.
- Representing Compliance at key governance fora including, steering committees, and project / business initiative working groups.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coverage compliance coverage for IWM Luxembourg & Branches.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the team, their deliverables and their objectives.
- Responding to business queries relating to regulatory or policy matters by providing accurate and valued advice in a timely manner.
- Participating in strategic and/or regulatory projects and driving the compliance agenda.
- Reviewing regulatory papers and analyzing impact to the Luxembourg IWM business and implementing key changes.
- Conducting Compliance related risk assessments.
- Liaising with other local and Group Compliance functions.
We would like you to contribute:
- A university degree in Law or Economics or comparable degree;
- 5+years relevant experience gained working in the banking sector within a Compliance function ideally in a wealth management Compliance function.
- Management experience is key.
- Up to date understanding and practice of Luxembourg and EU regulatory requirements such as MiFID II and a good understanding of global regulatory environments and global company standards is also a key requirement. The successful candidate must be able to apply this knowledge practically and pragmatically with an understanding of the commercial environment.
- In-depth knowledge of financial products is required ideally including investment, banking and key operational processes and the comprehension of the need to balance commercial and regulatory risk.
- The ability to engage multiple partners at all levels will be key.
- The job requires that individuals establish themselves as a "trusted advisor" through the building and maintenance of effective relationships with business colleagues.
- A high standard of written and spoken English; good knowledge of German and French; any other languages would be an advantage.