Electrical Project Engineer
Salary up to $90K + bonus
Would you like to be focused on electrical engineering projects?
Can you program PLCs?
Do you enjoy working on the manufacturing floor up to 50% of your day?
Would you like to have future opportunity for advancement?
This position could be for you!
Manufacturer is seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to work in their project engineering team. The Electrical Project Engineer will report to the Engineering Lead and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supporting equipment and process improvement projects related to production
- Completing PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Resolving and improving efficiencies
- Participating in cost justifications of equipment projects
- Partnering with outside vendors to review quotations, order needed parts/components and ensure that project deadlines and budgets are met
- Providing technical training for maintenance and associates on all production shifts
- Writing and updating schematics and making modifications to electrical panels
- Overseeing up to five project budgets and timelines at once
- Completing electrical troubleshooting related to wiring, servos, panels, vision systems, etc.
- Completing additional engineering tasks as assigned
Eventually this position will have additional responsibilities for plant power distribution. Candidates should be interested in eventually leading electrical safety, overseeing and maintaining plant electrical power distribution and optimization.
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the floor up to 50% of their day; potentially more during project work. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates.
Medical benefits are available the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Holidays, vacation, relocation, 401K and bonus! This position does require candidates to work over holiday shutdowns and some weekends to complete projects.
REQUIREMENTS for the Electrical Project Engineer:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technologies
2. At least 5 years in a similar electrical project engineering role
3. Experience troubleshooting and programming PLCs
4. Project management of multiple projects at a time, as well as their timelines
6. Willing to learn and oversee power distribution activities in the future
7. Wiling to travel internationally for job responsibilities
8. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Automotive manufacturing work experience
2. Capital equipment projects
3. Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
4. Robotic and/or automation experience
Why work for this organization:
1. New capital equipment projects
2. Diverse business mix (Honda, Toyota, Ford and other OEMs)
3. Supply truck, car and van markets
4. Competitive benefits package and bonus
5. Strong project work
6. Opportunity for advancement
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Bellefontaine, Ohio area. There is a competitive relocation program available for candidates with all of the required core functions of the job.
MJ Recruiters specializes in technical and professional manufacturing recruitment. We partner with automotive and non-automotive clients to supply candidates and fill positions at all levels. Our specialty is recruiting candidates at the management level of these disciplines. We are focused regionally and have the capability to recruit nationwide for our clients. We develop clients into long term partners by understanding their culture and goals.
Whether you are a candidate or a client, a business partner or a networking source, our goal is to "raise the bar" when it comes to your impression of a professional recruitment partner. Through communication, honesty, and follow through, our goal is TO RAISE THE BAR!
Role: Electrical Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.