Manufacturing Technician (Engineer), Based Whittlesey, Peterborough
We are passionate about potatoes. But we're even more passionate about our People!
We feature in two out of every three households - that's over 18million homes across Britain! On average, each household bought one of our products 8 times last year. We starred in over 144 million shopping trips - roughly 1.2 billion meals. So when it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious and great tasting food we're kind of a big deal!
Come and ENGINEER your career at McCain Foods.
It's your job as Manufacturing Technician (Engineer) to work with the plants shift teams to ensure efficient running of the machinery and equipment day-to-day. Our quality is what makes McCain, and your role would play a huge part in ensuring optimum plant efficiency to deliver the quality and quantity to make us one of the UK's favourite food products.
We have ambitious plans. And whilst we expect machines will break down once in a while, we believe prevention is better than the cure. Which is why we created these roles in the first place. We don't just want our engineering team to be 'fixing' things. We want you at the forefront of our plants, knowing how our machines are running and help us come up with new and improved ways of doing it faster and better, which is why continuous improvement and reliability will pay a huge part in your role.
If you're applying to our Manufacturing Technicians role then you'll already be a qualified Engineer doing a similar job, so we don't want to point out the obvious. You'll already know the importance of health and safety and hygiene. And you'll know it's vital that you record machine efficiencies relating to Quality, Delivery and Cost, and problem solve ways to stop it happening in the future.
Teamwork is important to us. Our People working together is what makes us successful at what we do. And this role of Manufacturing Technician is one of the driving forces behind this. Your ability to 'bring along people with you' is just what we're looking for.
But you must also have…
• The relevant engineering qualifications:
• Time served apprenticeship
• NVQ 3 / BTEC 3 in related Engineering discipline
• HNC or equivalent
• Experience in a relevant engineering role e.g. Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical / Electrical Engineer, Shift Engineer.
• PLC modules 1 and 2 (desirable)
• IOSH/NEBOSH certificate (desirable)
• Knowledge of SCADA or similar systems
• Experience in leading continuous improvement activity in a similar role
• Experience in control logic fault finding
• The ability to work under pressure and at speed
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
We also know you'll what to know what you'll be working. Our shifts are