Who are We?
Blacktip is a fast-paced, highly professional provider of business solutions consulting, IT managed services and cloud services on Apple’s macOS and Microsoft Windows in Orlando, FL. We are passionate about our clients’ success and ensuring their productivity. If all technology and solving tough challenges is your passion, we want you on our team!
Our company is centered on these core values:
1. Act with integrity
2. Assume responsibility
3. Build great relationships
4. Make it better
We are an equal opportunity employer offering:
- A fun and intellectually stimulating environment.
- The latest technology and an amazing toolset to do your work.
- Employee benefits (Medical, Vision, 401k and more).
- A generous vacation policy.
The Role: Systems Engineer, macOS & Windows
- Highly conscientious and loves the details.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Communicate well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of principles and methods applied to information technology infrastructure, planning, implementation, and management.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve end-user technical support issues quickly and accurately.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by accurately documenting the problem and solution in the internal wiki and professional services automation tool.
- Experience at using Google and other online resources to query technical support symptoms, identify resolutions and resolve issues
Specific Technical Experience
- Systems Administration in macOS and Windows mixed environments.
- MCSE certification preferred
- CCNA would be helpful.
- Administration of G Suite, Microsoft Office 365 and their related services.
- Administration of Cisco Meraki networks (APs, Firewalls, Switches), including general security knowledge.
Additional experience with the following products:
- Creative Software (Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoDesk, others).
- Anti-Virus Software (Cylance, others).
- Backup software (Crashplan, Datto, ShadowProtect).
Common Tasks to be Performed
- Install software on end-user computers as required.
- Use technical knowledge to troubleshoot computer and end-user issues.
- Perform onboarding/offboarding of users, software upgrades, installs, and repairs in a timely manner.
- Stage or Restage Desktops/Laptops to meet client standards.
- Install hardware (i.e. RAM Upgrades, Hard Drives, etc.).
- Setup of printers and other peripherals.
- Write clear, detailed documentation using ConnectWise, our business process automation and help desk tool.
Certifications & Education
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
- Apple, Cisco, CompTIA, and/or Microsoft certifications.
And… because we love our clients
- Continue to build and extend existing client relationships.
- Monitor adherence to all Blacktip service delivery policies.
- Work efficiently and cooperatively.
Blacktip is a fast-paced, highly professional provider of business solutions consulting, IT managed services and cloud services on Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows in Orlando, FL. We are passionate about our clients' success and ensuring their productivity. If all technology and solving tough challenges is your passion, we want you on our team!
Role: IT Systems Engineer - Tier 2
Apply for this job now.