Mercure Leeds Centre
Located in the heart of Leeds City Centre the Mercure Leeds Centre is the perfect location whatever your reason is for visiting Leeds. Our hotel with 59 impressive rooms is only a 5 minute walk from Leeds train station and a very short stroll to enjoy everything Leeds has to offer from the magnificent Victoria Quarter shopping to the Leeds Arena. Based on the textile heritage of Leeds expect quirky design throughout the hotel.
Are you ready for your next exciting career move? Splendid Hospitality Group, one of the UKs fastest growing privately-owned hotel groups, is looking for a Head Chef for our new Mercure hotel in Leeds City Centre where guest care and service is at the forefront of all tasks undertaken.
We are looking for a champion to head up the kitchen, provide culinary delights and creative menu ideas.
If you are passionate and enthusiastic, flexible and dynamic, proactive and autonomous, service minded problem solver with high levels of attention and professionalism, well organised and good presentation you very welcome to apply.
Being a key part of the Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to promise to:
- Being the Best;
- Making Responsible Decisions;
- Treating others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated;
- Continually Challenge Yourself and Each other.
- This role involves taking responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen on a day to day basis coupled with the launch of our new food offering in the restaurant. Our Head Chef has key responsibilities in ensuring that the hotel standards and policies are consistently met and supervises all kitchen team members to the standards laid down by the Company, maximising revenues and profits to agreed budgetary limits.
- Keep the food offer relevant, to drive sales and margins and maintain high standards and quality.
- To manage and inspire the strong kitchen team
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Menu layout / Menu approval, Buffet presentation
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
1. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You must have a firm grasp of GP’s hitting up to 73% on a regular basis (minimum 70%).
- A passion for training and developing the kitchen teams
- The successful candidate will have a proven history of running a kitchen, managing food deliveries & stock control
- Ability to create a positive culture with staff, colleagues, and Management to ensure effective teamwork and high morale
2. Proven Experience/Education Level
- Proven Head Chef experience
- Food Safety level 3 certificate
- Previous experience in Health & Safety, First Aid
Role: Head Chef
Job Type: F & B Management
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Apply for this job now.