Company: SECURITAS SECURITY SERVICES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £11.20 - £11.20
This is a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern working either 06:00-18:00 or 07:00-19:00 (dependent on operational requirements) offering great career progression opportunities.
How you will make an impact as an Aviation Security Officer:
- Carry out access control duties, X-ray items, conduct physical body searches and ensuring only authorised personnel and vehicles enter the Security Restricted Area whilst checking any documentation.
- Control entry and exit at gates/doorways and other control posts by checking ID cards, tickets, passes and other documentation of all individuals.
- Control vehicular traffic in operational and other specified areas, including the prevention of unauthorised vehicle parking.
- Undertake patrols on foot and/or vehicle of operational, terminal and other building installations, car parks, boundaries and other specified areas.
- Escort and ensure safety of VIPs, other persons, vehicle and high value cargoes to specific locations within the airport.
- Use radio/telephone and liaise with and summon assistance from Police, Immigration and other emergency services as necessary.
- Maintain security and alarm systems whilst logging any incidents requiring investigation and submit clear reports. Taking appropriate action in accordance with established emergency procedures.
- Advise and assist passengers and members of the public on general enquiries and to provide assistance to disabled passengers.
- Check seals and paperwork on any items entering from a Regulated Agent or Known Consigner.
- Encourage a high standard of Customer Care and promoting a positive and professional image of Securitas.
What you will bring to be a Security Officer:
- Right to work in the UK, 5 year checkable history and pass a high level of security clearance.
- Hold a current UK Driving Licence, free of endorsements.
- Have a sound knowledge of, and be able to implement, Airport Byelaws and to deal with offenders.
- Willing to undergo a colour deficiency test at interview as must clearly define colours to interpret X-Ray.
- Productively take instruction and carry out tasks thoroughly and consistently.
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Willing to undergo any relevant training, work weekends and 12 hour shifts.
Previous experience and holding a relevant First Aid and Manual Handling certificate.
- Paid holiday, company pension and life assurance
- Discounted gym membership, wellness advice and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
- Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
- City&Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development... and many more!
Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness are the core values that Securitas is built on to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise for our customers, employees, and shareholders.
With roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest security service organisations in the world. We are a company that offer career progression and development, providing access to training and the ability to gain professionally recognised qualifications.
Securitas is an all-inclusive employer, and we encourage individuality within our company. If you want to know more about why Securitas is the world's leading security group, and our continuing work in the diversity&inclusion space, please visit: en-GB/
Join the Securitas Team today!