The person assuming the responsibilities of the position must possess the qualities which enable him/her to perform all duties and activities as listed in this job description.
Job Description: Responsible for all aspects of designing, documentation, procuring and integrating assembly tooling into a highly complex manufacturing environment. This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending significant amounts of time in and around factory areas.
Preferred education and proficiency requirements: B.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
(prefer Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or Electrical Engineering). Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience related to engineering preferably in a CNC manufacturing/machining environment.
The individual will be assigned some or all of the duties below depending on individual’s skill, talent and training. Your supervisor will assign and describe which are applicable. It is the individual’s responsibility to contact their supervisor for any clarification if needed.
1. Prepares a variety of detailed, complex and semi-complex drawings via CAD program, Solidworks, CATIA, or other management approved programs. Drawings will be of manufactured parts, equipment assemblies, or other architectural/construction elements. Information and drawings generated by this position will include (but are not limited to) necessary calculations, details, second views, dimensions and bill of materials. All of the work will be per ANSI Standards for dimensioning and tolerances.
2. Prepare operating programs for all CNC machinery, develop and test all CNC programs
3. File all e-drawings and e-files to appropriate locations on main computer directory.
4. Plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances. Perform development work and difficult tooling operations to assist manufacturing
5. Follow and support established guidelines regarding drawing layouts and release procedures
6. Must have prior knowledge of Blue Print interpretation and GD&T skills
7. Ability to evaluate Tooling requests and conceptualize innovative solutions
8. Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
9. Ability to perform Engineering Stress and Tolerance Analysis
10. Must be able to generate presentations and reports using Microsoft Office products
11. Basic knowledge of machine shop and welding practices
- Automation & Machine Design Experience
- Prior Knowledge of Boeing Tooling Specifications
- Mold Design Experience (Compression & Injection)
- Previous Tool Design Experience
Role: Tooling Engineer/ Detailer
Apply for this job now.