I. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE (including but not limited to the following):
A. Must be a graduate of an accredited program and successfully pass the state licensing test.
B. OR/SPD Tech is responsible for maintaining the required elements for successful renewal.
C. Credentialing will include an annual check with the licensing agency.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
· Embodies the Balboa Surgery Center Mission Statement and Core Values by ensuring our patients’ safety and experience are the top priority, working with integrity, continually evolving and learning, and collaborating as a team to create a challenging and rewarding culture.
· Acts with integrity to maintain patient confidentiality and ensure HIPPA compliance always while maintaining
PHI Disclosure records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s emergency operations plan and the role of the LVN in an emergency/disaster situation.
· Knowledge of policies and procedures related to OSHA standards to include but not limited to: infection control,
risk management, hazardous communications and environmental safety.
· Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal
· Enforces policy adherence consistent with (our accreditation) guidelines to maintain superb Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI).
· Practices Quality Improvement measures according to QI policy.
· Demonstrates strong, accurate decision-making capabilities.
B. Procedural Responsibilities:
Demonstrates proficiency in the following center-related duties, as well as assisting other staff in performance of these duties (including but not limited to the following):
· Check supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures
· Knowledge of surgeon’s preference
· Scrub, gown, and glove
· Prepare sterile table with instruments, sutures, blades, electrosurgical equipment, suction, prosthesis and solutions needed for procedure
· Count sponges, needles and instruments with circulator prior to procedure and before incision is closed
· Gown, glove surgeons, assistants, etc
· Maintain highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
· Clean and prepare instruments for terminal sterilization
· Assist other members of the team with terminal clean up of room in readiness for next patient
· Responsible for the cleaning of OR suites insuring a safe environment
· Laundry as needed (towels, etc.)
· Maintain autoclave as prescribed by maintenance vendor (i.e., daily filter cleaning, etc.)
· Procure and report on all environmental techniques.
· Keep informed on new and improved methods of cleaning techniques and make recommendations.
· Attend continuing educational courses to broaden knowledge pertaining to environmental services.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
D. Department/Environment --OR/SPD Tech to locate and/or demonstrate knowledge of:
· Phone system
· Computer system
· Fire equipment
· Exit doors
· Oxygen valves and shut off
· Medication refrigerator, temperature log and climate control
· Emergency (red) outlets and lights
· Banyan Stat Kit/AED
· Department resources including: Policy and Procedure Manual, OSHA and other related safety manuals,
fire/emergency management manual, PDR/Drug resource manual and all patient education and teaching aids.
III. ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR JOB PERFORMANCE:
A. SKILLS AND ADDITIONAL TRAINING:
· Must be proficient in basic computer skills and utilization of MS Office Suite.
· Must maintain ACLS certification.
B. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and technical journals.
· Ability to write reports and correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
C. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
D. REASONING ABILITY:
· Ability to problem solve and clarify necessary steps of logic and reasoning in a professional manner. Intellectual acuity is a necessary qualification.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a OR/SPD Tech with Balboa Surgery Center. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The role of a OR/SPD Tech requires using the telephone, computer and other related instruments or devices while communicating with physicians and staff.
· While performing the duties of a OR/SPD Tech with Balboa Surgery Center, specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include both vision and hearing acuity.
· Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand and walk for periods of time.
· Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion. May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints.
Role: OR/SPD Tech
Location: Corona del Mar,
Apply for this job now.