The Office Manager is the primary provider of administrative and clerical support to the Site Manager for our young oilfield services company. Performs duties such as financial record keeping, payroll, creating purchase orders, delivery tickets, and invoices; coordinates meetings and conferences, obtains supplies, works on special projects. Prepares replies to non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Displays independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize workload; recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Create Purchase Orders
- Create Delivery Tickets detailing equipment and people needed to fill customer orders
- Create, review for accuracy, and approve customer invoices
- Operate/maintain/update inventory database systems
- Operate/maintain/program multifunction office system copier/printer/scanner/fax and other office equipment
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Perform filing; maintain and update filing systems
- Act as custodian for local documents and records
- Conduct onboarding process for new hires
- Outline and explain administrative procedures and policies to all site employees; train site employees on administrative matters and assist in resolving problems
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take and deliver messages
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints
- Perform research using files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- Prepare work schedules, manage calendars, and arrange appointments
- Participate as needed on special projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At a minimum, ideal candidates will possess three to four (3-4) years of general clerical and administrative experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity (preferably in the oilfield services industry)
- Must be able to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to do basic operations of math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Language Skills – Ability to read, write, and comprehend English. Must be able to effectively communicate/present information one-on-one or in small group situations.
- Strong Microsoft Office Core Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Demonstrated proficiency using:
- Equipment and Rental Management software (e.g. TrakQuip, RTMS)
- Employee Expense Reporting systems (e.g. CONCUR)
- Payroll / Time Entry systems (e.g. APS, ADP, Paychex)
Advanced Excel Functions (e.g. Pivot Tables, Table Slicers, VLookups)
Basic knowledge of oilfield service operations
Demonstrated ability to work and interact with all levels of personnel, including all major functional leaders of the Company
Spartan Energy Services LLC was established in April of 2010 on a mission to provide our customers with a first class service in the oil and natural gas industry. Our commitment to our customers is delivering the highest quality of equipment and tools in the industry coupled with professional and safe personnel.
We administer a performance driven atmosphere with the utmost focus on health and well-being of our employees, in hand with environmental protection. Spartan’s is to execute our experience, quality, and customer satisfaction to be superior at every job location.
Since our founding, Spartan has strategically expanded in to eight locations throughout Louisiana, Texas, and Pennsylvania, by utilizing our paramount, 100% client driven subsidiaries:
- Spartan Thru Tubing Services, LLC, a Thru Tubing milling and fishing company which provides drilling / milling and fishing services used in conjunction with Coiled tubing, Snubbing, and work over Rigs.
- Spartan Flow Control Services, LLC, (began operations April 2011) a flow control company provides Frac Valves and Flowback equipment and qualified personnel.
Role: Office Manager
Apply for this job now.