Assistant Back of House Manager - The Ned, New Opening
POSITION: Assistant Back of House ManagerREPORTING TO: Hotel DirectorROLE BASED: The Ned, Poultry, LondonWho We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members'' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.The Hotel…
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We're developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member's facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member's club.Main responsibilities:
- To supervise all Stewards working in all outlets listed.
- To maintain standards to comply with health, hygiene and safety regulations including COSHH
- To maintain all equipment, floors and walls to the appropriate standards
- To control chemicals used throughout outlets as well as to provide sufficient supplies of cleaning materials to colleagues
- To ensure that a full understanding of the Due Diligence Process as required by the manual
- To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and demonstrate a professional image for our guests
- To ensure that all stewards are wearing protective clothing, where necessary, according to regulations
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility are maintained in a safe and hygienic condition and that all equipment, floors and walls are clean to the required standard
- To ensure that wages sheets for areas of responsibility are completed
- To be responsible for the correct operation and cleaning of all machinery, particular dishwashers
- To check that all stewards are on duty at the requested time against the rota and they finish at the designated time
- To ensure that all cleaning schedules for all areas of responsibility are carried out to the required standards
- To ensure that the rubbish throughout the areas of responsibility are taken outside throughout the day as well as before and after the shift on daily basis
- To fill all hand soap and towel dispensers in all areas of responsibility on a daily basis.
- To supply chemicals of dishwashers.
- To supervise stewards in order to organise their productivity and to check their working practices
- To train stewards to look after equipment and to clean areas of work to the required standard as well as to use chemicals properly
- To assist all Heads of Departments with reasonable requests and meet them on a weekly basis
- To collect from the banqueting office on a daily basis all banqueting amendments to the function list and to assist all Head waiters with reasonable requests
- To check the banqueting event orders and to prepare the MEP for the next day
- To carry the bleep of the Chief Stewards in his absence and to take messages
- To report to the Chief Steward any defects on equipment, floor, walls and ceilings throughout all areas of responsibility
- To control the storage of equipment and to keep storerooms tidy
- To assist the Chief Steward in the stock taking of operating equipment before the end of the month
- To ensure that silvering is done as per schedule
- To attend Food & Beverage operation meetings in the absence of the Chief Steward
- To dispatch and collect all equipment to outlets
- To ensure that due diligence is taken with regards to HACCPS and pest control.
- To control financial obligations related to budget costs and wages.
- To be responsible for the negotiation and maintenance of contracts
To count breakages and to provide related reports to the Back of House ManagerOccasional Duties
To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your ManagerHealth and Safety
- To be aware of, and comply with, safe working practises as laid down under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Company H & S Manual, as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place
- To be aware of, and comply with Food Acts.
- To wear any appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Hotel.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to the Hotel procedures.
- To ensure any accidents to colleagues, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with Hotel procedures.
- To attend 6 monthly statutory fire training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning, fire, health & safety.
- To attend any training deemed appropriate by your Head of Department
See descriptionRole: Assistant Back of House Manager - The Ned, New Opening (ass boh mger) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.