The Manager of the Pension Department is responsible for overseeing, managing and coordinating all activities and procedures related to the Pension Department in accordance with Fund Plan documents. The successful candidate will provide oversight, management and leadership to ensure that all processes are followed and performance goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The listing below is not meant to include all the duties of the position, nor do all listed examples include all tasks which may be required of the position.)
· Effectively manage overall department operations and ensure that tasks and projects are completed on time and that all standards are met
· Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures; suggest methods to improve business operations, efficiency and service to Fund participants
· Proactively recognize project and departmental challenges and recommend corrective action
· Analyze department and system workflows and make changes as necessary
· Track performance metrics to identify trends and business patterns. Routinely identify and develop new metrics
· Understand the patterns of the workload and use this information to prepare staff
· Demonstrate effective leadership, develop and enable team members to work together and communicate effectively to accomplish departmental goals
· Hold Assistant Managers accountable for individual and team responsibilities. Provide appropriate and timely constructive feedback
· Align goals of the Department with goals of the Benefit Fund Office
· Work cooperatively with other Department Managers, IT, Fund Directors and General Counsel
· Provide material for Board Meetings
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Forward thinking with project manager mindset
· Strong analytical skills with ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to understand the in-depth functions of operating a Pension Department
· Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing
· Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to recognize and resolve potential conflicts
· Ability to analyze issues and recommend solutions
· Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making
· Ability to adapt and work effectively with different personality and work styles
· Must be able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
· Ability to establish team and individual priorities
· Must have good attendance and ability to put in long hours, including evenings and weekends, when required
· Experience with Defined Benefit Plans a plus
Candidates should have a good attendance record, excellent interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and exemplify the IAMBFO Core Values o fJoy, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Dedication.
The IAM National Pension Fund is the 5th largest multiemployer pension fund in the United States with over $13 Billion in assets. The Fund has over 1,650 contributing employer locations and pays pension benefits to over 90,000 retires and beneficiaries, providing them with retirement security.
Role: Manager - Pension Department
Apply for this job now.