Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing the dispatch functions of JECO’s fleet operations to ensure the efficient and effective movement of our products both from clients and to local consumers. This includes direct and indirect supervision of the companies’ drivers and third-party carriers. Beyond strategy development, the Dispatch Manager will develop and monitor field efficiencies and assist in implementing innovate new ways to improve operations. This position will also be responsible for handling complaints, discussing challenges and working with management to develop action plans to improve driver performance, and customer service while working to minimize costs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities for drivers. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, providing motivation and encouragement, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints. Position may be required to perform other duties to cover staff shortages or address client and consumer needs.
- Manage all routing modifications to ensure the business is utilizing equipment and staff efficiently.
- Continually assess the service level and provide recommendations to managers regarding opportunities to improve operational performance.
- Monitor and manage Key Performance Indicators and cost factors impacting operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate with clients and consumers on a regular basis regarding core transportation issues and scheduling needs.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and valued. Maintain frequent communication with all team members.
- Promote and monitor employee safety and take proactive steps to create a positive safety culture. Partner with customer, internal and external resources as necessary to identify, evaluate and remove safety obstacles. Ensure compliance with safety programs and protocols as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts, including selection and implementation of dispatch component of enterprise software
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Find and create efficiencies regarding hauling maximum tonnage, coordinating backhaul opportunities, conserving fuel, reducing idle time, etc. by utilizing available technology.
- Set and monitor productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Work with hourly paid drivers to make sure productivity is commensurate with hours worked.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Insure drivers and trucks are being utilized for full days and full weeks.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all drivers.
- Monitor loads dispatched to drivers and work with team to maximize efficacy and provide best in class service to companies clients. .
- Maintain Dispatch calendar to meet service requirements established by Client Service Manager.
- Schedule & create work orders for client pick-ups and service.
- Provide Dispatch Manager a daily schedule for client service needs one day in advance of needed service.
- Optimize service proficiencies and support client services in communicating with clients concerning service needs.
- Work closely with CS to ensure we deliver the very best in efficient service and support.
- Support dispatch department in receiving service calls and scheduling service needs.
- Receive pick -up and service orders from drivers and techs for distribution to appropriate JECO departments.
- Maintain records and track down documents as required to support department needs.
- Admin and maintain systems to ensure we deliver the highest quality service and support to our clients.
- Work with Client Services to improve upon existing systems and the date we input to systems.
- Manage scale house employing best management practices and cross departmental support to ensure efficacies for JECO, the companies clients and consumers.
- Develop and trains support personnel to manage scale activates under consistent SOP’s in the event primary person is unavailable.
Job Type: Full-time
Processor and Broker of Recyclable Metals #removed#
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.