IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. We passionately believe that it's our people who make us what we are today, and it's our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it's our colleagues' distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone.
Your day to day
We are looking for an Overheads Manager and for this role you will be delivering financial insight to finance business partners to support the management of overheads in all areas of the business, driving performance and value to IHG.This role will also be responsible for providing day to day financial management and analytics to support the Finance business partners and stakeholders.You will need to manage the delivery of activities which would include budgeting and forecasting for P&L and System Fund overheads, supporting reorganisations; management reporting; scenario planning and analysis; and also CAPEX forecasting and analysis.Key responsibilities & activities will include:
- Running the quarterly business review and planning; budgeting and forecasting Overheads in support of the Finance business partners; managing the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts
- Preparing financial performance reviews; identifying risks and opportunities and offering solutions
- Being flexible to provide ad-hoc reports and commercial analysis, including scenario modelling to support decision making
- Building strong working relationships with Finance business partners an collaborating to deliver high quality, relevant insight
- Recommending process changes to improve IHG's financial performance and financial controls
- Act as an escalation for audit queries
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have strong commercial finance acumen with proven experience within a Global finance function. Preferably, you will have a professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). You will also have experience as a senior finance analyst within a global organisation preferably within the hospitality or similar industry.You would need to be a proficient user of Oracle, Essbase, reporting tools, Excel and Powerpoint.As an excellent communicator you will be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and be able to influence senior stakeholders and gain consensus. You will also be able to prioritise your work and delegate effectively within a fast moving, global environment with tight deadlines.
What we offer
At IHG we promise to recognise and reward your hard work, we offer great work benefits for all employees over the globe. What we can offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Strong benefits package including free car parking, hotel discounts worldwide and subsidised restaurant and Starbucks Coffee Shop
- All the support and training for you to fast-track your career at IHG
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire. Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant. But most of all… we'll give you room to be yourself!As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.Closing date for all applications: 21st February 2020
See descriptionRole: Overheads Manager Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Burton upon Trent, England, EnglandApply for this job now.