Heavy Plant Mechanic
Salary: £12 - £15 per hour
We are looking to speak with an experienced heavy plant mechanic based in the Bolton area. You will be working for a well-established family run aggregate company. Our client strongly believes in owning vehicles, plant and equipment as it caters for maximum flexibility and demonstrates their long-term commitment to customers, staff and the industry.
As a Plant Mechanic, you will need to be able to effectively communicate clearly with operatives and managers to fault diagnose, able to update self-knowledge by training as required and health & safety aware. They must also be willing to be flexible with regards to working hours and travel. A good amount of suitable working experience is more important than qualifications and recent heavy plant experience would be ideal. A current clean driving licence is also required.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm. Saturday working hours are 7am to 1pm. There is 20 days of holiday entitlement plus statutory bank holiday. Bonuses and perks of the position consist of a competitive pay rate, company pension scheme and access to a company vehicle.
Typical day duties:
- Daily visits to other quarry sites around the area
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining various types of Heavy Plant and Equipment on the Quarries in the area.
- The candidate will be effectively communicating clearly with operatives and managers to fault diagnose.
- They also will be providing updates of self-knowledge by training as required and health & safety awareness.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 years + as a Heavy Plant Mechanic
- Must have personal Tool Kit
- Knowledge of the following equipment - Excavators, Loading Shovels, Dump Trucks, Crushers, Screeners and Other static and mobile plant; belt transfer systems, hydraulic systems etc.
- Clean drivers' licence
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this position, please apply now for immediate consideration.