Have you always wanted to work as a Children's Residential Support Worker but never had the chance?
We have an AMAZING opportunity for a Children's Residential Support Worker to join a 5-bed children's residential service in, supporting young people between the ages of 10-13 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £30,200 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Crawley (RH10 postcode)
Hours: Full time - 169 hours per month
Shift pattern: Variety of early shifts, late shifts and long days with 2 sleep ins per week, including weekends
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 4 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema's
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Childrens Residential Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- Experience within another healthcare or social care setting is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- You must be able to commute to Crawley, West Sussex
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people between the ages of 10 - 13 with EBD, whilst starting on a career path within health & social care - this is the job for you!
Click apply today!!