Working Wardrobes is Seeking:
A self-motivated, strategic-thinking, high-level fundraising professional with an extensive background in corporate partnerships, major gifts, managing a development department and successfully developing and executing annual fundraising plans of over $1 million. If you are fiscally goal-oriented, a talented multi-tasker and a true relationship-builder with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, this job may just be for you!
Reporting directly to the CEO/Founder and collaborating on department vision and strategy, the Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising efforts and budgeted revenue goals with a primary focus on developing corporate partners and major gift prospects, and the needed cultivation, stewardship and solicitation. You will also have a passion for mentorship and team development, managing a department that oversees fundraising and community events, corporate engagement, volunteerism and clothing drives/CSR corporate outreach.
This is a BIG multi-tasking role, and we are looking for passion, energy, experience and leadership with the ability and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a dream opportunity for the energetic person looking to truly make a difference and use their talent, expertise and creativity to take our fundraising efforts to the next level. The possibilities and potential for growth in this position are endless for the right person who will take advantage of this unique leadership opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Working Wardrobes fundraising strategic plan with CEO/Founder
- Develop annual budget for department revenue and expenses
- Meet and manage all department revenue goals ($1million+)
- Contribute to organizational vision and goals
Corporate & Individual Major Gifts & Partnerships
- Secure event and corporate sponsorships of up to $100k and individual financial support through solicitation of major gifts (gifts over $10k)
- Research and cultivate new corporate and individual major gift and other partnership prospects
- Provide stewardship and maintenance of all existing corporate partners and major donors
- Collaborate with CEO/Founder, development team and other Working Wardrobes staff, Board of Directors, Corporate & Community Advocates and key volunteers and contacts to open doors to prospective donors and other valuable partnerships
- Develop corporate and individual proposals and sponsorship benefits
- Manage a major gifts program; experience with the Benevon model is vital
- Plan and execute corporate partner and major donor acknowledgement and recognition program
Team Management & Development
- Oversee development team and all related functions: annual giving, fundraising events, corporate engagement, volunteerism, clothing drives/CSR Days and other community outreach and fundraising efforts
- Support team members in developing and achieving personal goals and creating and executing on individual strategic plans
- Responsible for overall team development, fueling personal and professional growth, conducting individual performance reviews and providing constructive feedback
What You’ll Bring to the Table
Experience, Education & Software Proficiency
- Minimum of 5 years of business development experience and 3 years in leadership/team management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in soliciting major gifts of $25k+
- Experience and ability is as important as education
- MA and/or CFRE is not required but highly valued
- Proficient in Salsa or other related CRM and donor database
- Mastery of software such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Work Ethic & Demeanor
- Self-motivated, confident and strategic-thinking with high integrity
- Fiscally goal-oriented, accountable and consistent in ensuring execution of department plan
- Excellent leadership ability with a passion for mentoring, coaching, team and individual development
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strong relationship-builder, stellar interpersonal skills and the ability to deeply and easily connect with people of all backgrounds
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through on all leads, meetings and projects is crucial
- High energy, enthusiasm, personality and positivity yet grounded and professional
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills with staff, volunteers and donors—ability to use good judgment
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and prioritizing are essential
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, yet an excellent team player
- Flexible and adaptive in executing unplanned tasks and projects
Who We Are
Working Wardrobes for a New Start is a nonprofit organization with a successful history of providing men, women, young adults and Veterans emerging from life crises with the tools to get back to work. We facilitate job readiness workshops year-round and “Career Success Graduation” events, which include motivational seminars, grooming services, wardrobe selection and career fairs that are provided to adults in residential shelters/programs throughout Orange County. In addition, our Career Center staff work daily with clients on resumes, career success assessments, workshops, skills training and professional wardrobes.
Our corporate office in Irvine boasts an office atmosphere that is business like, yet fun, with a focus on accomplishing an enormous amount of work each week. Our organization’s values direct all of our programming efforts and include:
- Providing job readiness services in an atmosphere of dignity that enhances the lives of our clients.
- Achieving financial stability for our clients and our organization - with integrity.
- Celebrating the successes of our clients, collaborative partners, donors and volunteers.
- Partnering with corporations, educational programs, community agencies and civic partners.
- Engaging the power of skills- based volunteerism. Skills-based volunteering means leveraging the specialized skills and talents of individuals to strengthen the Working Wardrobes’ infrastructure, helping us build and sustain our capacity to successfully achieve our mission.
What’s In It for You
- Ability to make an impact - As our Development and Fundraising expert, we’ll expect you to leverage your extensive corporate and individual fundraising expertise and stellar relationship-building talents to drive organization’s fund development efforts and provide exceptional support to the Development team.
- Challenge & variety - Our business is changing every day, and you’ll be exposed to a stimulating environment with a plethora of learning opportunities and “never a dull moment.”
- Career development - You'll help shape your own role moving forward as you develop a deeper understanding of our culture, become an integral team player, showcase leadership abilities, bring new ideas to the table and work effectively with other team members.
- The "best of two worlds" - We offer the stability of an established business, with over 28 years of success, as well as a highly entrepreneurial, fun culture that rewards innovation and initiative.
- Clothing bonus - We’ll look to you to impart a polished “dress for success” image to all your professional interactions, and towards that end we’ll provide you with complimentary clothing each month and a once a month special employee discount!
- Excellent Compensation - In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package that includes a flat fee against health insurance, life insurance policy, medical/dental coverage, self-funded 403(b) plan and more.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Able to remain in a stationary position (both sitting and standing) 50% of the time
- Able to move about inside the Career Center to access files, call donors, event coordinators and volunteers, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment such as a computer, calculator, copy machine and fax machine.
- Able to move equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds for various events
- Able to move, traverse - move to access documents, files, supplies, etc.
- Must be able to detect funnel clouds from long distances
- Frequently communicate with donors and volunteers who have inquiries about the organization’s mission and services. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Working Wardrobes does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more, and to be prepared for an interview, we invite you to visit our website. #removed#/careers.
How to Apply
- We will host a 60-minute group interview for selected candidates that will provide an excellent overview of the organization and job details.
- All candidates must provide a formal cover letter and resume; applicants without both of these documents will not be considered.
- The salary range for this position is $70,000+/year.
- Selected candidates will be invited back to present a 90 day plan of action
- We look forward to meeting you!
We are looking for the right candidates to join our growing team in Orange County, CA. At Working Wardrobes, we do everything in our power to help men, women, young adults and veterans overcome difficult challenges, so they can achieve the dignity of work. Hope we can partner with you on this mission!
Role: Director of Fundraising Development
Apply for this job now.