Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial manager? Do you have experience within the Rail sector? If the answer to both questions is yes! Please call Connor today for more details.
Randstad CPE have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial manager working for Main tier 1 principle rail contractor based in south wales, on an electrification project.
Duties to include-
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- QS degree or RICS Qualified.
- Excellent numeracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good IT Skills.
- Ability to serve multiple stakeholders.
- Rail or other regulated industry experience.
- Design Management Experience.
- Management of large subcontractors.
- Internal trading experience.
- Prior experience of managing junior commercial staff.
Rate £500.00-£550.00 a day
If your suitable for this role get in contact ASAP!
Apply online or Call Connor Taylor on 0121 212 7790 in the Birmingham office
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Apply for this job now.