We are seeking a Billing Clerk to become an integral part of our team! You will compile data, compute charges, and prepare invoices.
A. Process Superbills for dental department to verify all dental procedures were entered and completed, maintains accountability and accuracy of Superbills. Investigates missing Superbills and constructs replacements when deemed necessary.
B. Make sure deposits are posted in the correct accounts
C. Double check coding with providers.
D. Coordinates with PRC Staff to help provide Medi-Cal and other insurance eligibility for CVIH patients seeking PRC Services.
E. Follow-up on delinquent /overdue accounts and provide summary of delinquent accounts monthly.
F. Perform reconciliation on charges and credits on patient's accounts.
G. Review the reports and refer any unusual transactions to Billing Supervisor.
H. Work on claims denials and EOB.
- Electronic Admittance Advice (ERA) need to be posted when included in the monthly payment batches.
- Ensure facilities do not have any encounters without claims before supervisor closes the month.
- Ensure there are no incomplete progress notes before beginning work on the next month; incomplete progress notes need to be reported to Supervisor. Only completed/locked progress notes can be processed.
- Patient statements are to be processed every other month.
- Any other duties assigned to the employee by direct supervisor, Chief Financial Officer or Administration.
- High School Graduate. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) preferred
2. 2 yrs exp. with Family Practice Billing
3. Three years experience in computerized billing preferred
4. Type 30 WPM.
5. Knowledge of general office machines and computerized billing.
6. Experience in ICD-10 and CPT Coding.
7. A valid California drivers license and own vehicle.
8. Assume individual initiative and accept supervision and follow directions.
9. Requires an awareness and keen appreciation of Indian traditions, customs, and socioeconomic needs; an ability at times to meet and deal effectively with Indian Health Organizations consisting of numerous tribes with varied cultures which requires tact, courtesy, discretion, resourcefulness, and good judgment in handling functions of a sensitive nature.
Role: Billing Clerk
Apply for this job now.