Information Security Operations Specialist (Infrastructure)
Our client, who are a household name in their field, are in need of a Information Security Operations Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a remote working role with ocassional office visits required.
- Monitor the managed security services (MSS) platform and its activitie
- Maintain computer systems at an acceptable level of risk
- Manage and resolve security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets
- Carry out vulnerabilities scanning and ensure that regular penetration tests are performed for any new or changing applications/services
- Identify threats against and vulnerabilities in computer assets. Implement remediation plans to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of controls in place to protect company computer systems and the integrity of operational processes supporting them e.g. network controls, firewalls etc
- Monitor IT hardware and software against build standards
- Provide security and risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls
- Maintain dashboards that provide meaningful metrics for IT computer systems (e.g. cross platform patch management and anti-malware status)
- Work closely with Service Delivery Operations - Network and Server support teams
- An understanding of fundamental principles of information technologies
- Experience of Cloud (AWS, Azure),
- Broad knowledge of IT architecture and underpinning technologies
- Knowledge of technological trends and developments in the area of Cyber Threat mitigation, information security and risk managemen
- Excellent high-level understanding of technologies that are used to support a significant Business Operation: Systems, Infrastructure components, Middleware
- Prior experience in IT Information Security and Security Operations
- Strong hands on experience in supporting Cloud Platforms
- Information Security Certification (desirable)
- Strong hands on experience in supporting Microsoft and Unix systems.
- Have had exposure to a variety of platforms (such as Checkpoint, CISCO)