Senior IT Engineer
This role is responsible for handling incoming support calls, visiting customer sites, providing high level technical and assisting the department manager with all aspects of the running of the department when required.
The post holder will have very good communication, technical and mentoring skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure delivery of high quality remote and on-site support services
- Recording a physical and virtual infrastructure is maintained for all clients allocated to the engineer
- To ensure the speedy and one-time resolution of support issues
- To ensure that all systems and procedures implemented by the company are used to track logged issues, ensuring the all issues are recorded correctly and that support time is logged accurately.
- To be aware of escalating support issues and manage them accordingly with in relevant SLAs
- Ensuring all clients are communicated with effectively and on a timely basis
- Get involved in the resolution of any internal service administration issues as required.
- To ensure that our customer records are kept up to date and secure.
- To gather and refine requirements from meetings and conversations with customers based on their specific system and technical requirements and build high quality system specifications.
- To create and maintain any required software, system and user documentation to ensure all relevant information is available to any engineer providing client support
- To ensure that all customer systems are updated in a timely manner and that they are reviewed regularly for general maintenance, scaling, updates and out of service lifetime where applicable and that opportunities to offer chargeable updates are made in a timely manner.
- To manage your workload & daily priorities in line with the requirements of the company ticketing system.
- To ensure that you and other members of the team document tickets fully, resolve issues quickly and communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- To ensure that customers are supported to a level aligned with the priority of the issue and customer support contract.
- To ensure that the month by month support services productivity stats are reviewed monthly and any reduction in individual productivity is investigated.
- To ensure that growth and sales opportunities are pursued in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all projects and individual customer maintenance tasks are correctly costed, approved and completed to ensure they are in line with company profitability guidance and that any deviation from these guidelines are approved by the Account Manager.
- To ensure that all customer / internal issues and spent time on both internal systems and client chargeable work is properly recorded within the ticketing system to ensure that accurate invoicing can be produced.
- To ensure that any support services best practice guidance are made available to all staff and that all such standards are used, monitored and any discrepancies are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- To provide the development team with technical guidance on new and existing development projects and ensure that all infrastructure and technology choices are well thought through and costed to ensure they align with company commercial expectations.
- To provide guidance and leadership in all aspects of the team's work with a focus on customer service, productivity, performance, growth of revenues, reduction of expenses and build team cohesion.
- Preparation of client service proposals and service renewals in a timely manner including assisting in th