Do you want full autonomy for production planning within a machinery / equipment manufacturing environment? Can you support our Sales Manager to accurately forecast & capacity plan the factory? Heading up the planning & materials department, as the Planning Manager, you'll also run procurement & supplier management too!
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
· 24 Days Holiday (rising with service) & Bank Holidays
· Early finish on Fridays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Melton Mowbray, Oakham, Corby, Peterborough, Grantham, Stamford, Market Harborough, Leicester, Kettering, Peterborough, Market Deeping
Why you should join us: Materials, Procurement & Planning Manager - Manufacturing
· Our parent company is a global organisation who have supported us to double our turnover in the last few years
· We have a growth plan in place which could offer you excellent medium term career prospects
· You'll remain hands on and lead our planning, scheduling, materials, suppliers and procurement - fancy the challenge?
JOB DESCRIPTION: Materials, Procurement & Planning Manager - Manufacturing
You will see that this Planning Manager role is a really varied role, sitting within the factory and holding full autonomy for planning, scheduling & the procurement department, who also manage materials selection & supplier management. You will directly lead 6 people and remain hands on with planning and scheduling, whilst working closely with the Operations Manager & the Sales Manager on forecasting and capacity planning.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Materials, Procurement & Planning Manager - Manufacturing
· Help to devise a 4 - 6 week rolling production plan & schedule for the factory
· S&OP, SIOP & Capacity planning for the next 6-12 months - this will help you to forward and level load the factory in partnership with the Operations Manager and the Sales Manager
· Drive procurement including the lead time of raw materials, sub-components and improve supplier management
· Control the stores department, parts & stock control levels to align with the production plan - your aim is to mitigate parts and raw materials shortages
YOUR BACKGROUND: Materials, Procurement & Planning Manager - Manufacturing
· You must have experience in production planning or production scheduling in an engineered production or manufacturing environment - we're very open on your product / machine / system / equipment experience etc
· Your materials background should cover stainless steel, aluminium, fabricated parts, sheet-metal, mild steel, plastics, sub-assemblies, components & maybe even full systems
· Your ERP experience will give you the confidence and ability to analyse and manipulate data for improvements (heijunka)
· Be able to manage & lead a team of at least 6 people (we will grow more) covering procurement, production planning & stores. You may never have held a management job title before, but you might have been a Supervisor or a Senior Planner etc.
THE COMPANY: Materials, Procurement & Planning Manager - Manufacturing
We design our own niche electro-mechanical special purpose machinery and equipment that installs fibre optic cables. About half of our machinery / equipment is manufactured for stock or spares, with the other half being bespoke / re-engineered to the c