Tructyre has an exciting opportunity for a Chargehand to join the team based in Wincanton. You will be joining on a Full-time permanent basis working 47.5 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary up to £35,000 per annum including bonus and callouts.
Tructyre are a proud part of the Michelin Group and Euromaster group and Britain’s leading truck tyre specialist. Our mission is to De-risk Britain’s Fleets by offering complete, commercial tyre management to our nationwide client’s. This includes tyre maintenance, tyre supply and 24/7 rapid emergency assistance.
In the UK our team of 600 colleagues work across a warehouse network, regional depots, and our customer experience centre to take care of our customers.
Tructyre’s team of keyworkers have kept Britain’s fleets moving, helping make essential deliveries during the pandemic. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Tyre expert to join our operation to help us service our customers’ vehicle’s and keep them on the road.
About the Chargehand role:
Our network of Tyre experts is key to the service we provide to our clients and their vehicles. Whether you are supporting the Zone Manager in plotting your Teams workload, providing training or working remotely to service our clients.
You will hold a position that is key to the performance of your depot. A typical day as a Chargehand is a varied one, dealing with customers on site, supporting your team or deputising for the Zone Manager, you will be comfortable reacting to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks using your own knowledge and initiative to make key decisions.
Your responsibilities as a Chargehand will include:
- Assisting the Zone Manager to lead, advise, coach, and motivate the team to drive continuous improvement
- Allocation of work to a team of Tyre Technicians.
- Fit and maintain tyres to commercial vehicle fleets.
- Complete all aspects of tyre fitting including Roadside Breakdowns and On-Site Service
- Carry out fleet inspections and service work to prolong the life cycle of customer tyres
- Complete all relevant Company documentation to a satisfactory standard
- Ensure full compliance to Company policies and procedures
What we’re looking for in our Chargehand:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Experience of fitting commercial tyres.
- Ideally you will be License to Fit/City and Guilds trained and possess a REACT card
- Supervisory experience would be advantageous.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role.
- Ability to work to sometimes challenging deadlines
- We are looking for colleagues who are seeking an employer that will help develop your skills and offer opportunities to further your development and skills
Benefits of becoming our Chargehand:
You will be looking to join a business that value its people, provide support and opportunities to help our colleagues succeed. Tructyre also offer an exceptional range of benefits and opportunities including:
- Permanent Full Time contracts
- A flexible pension scheme, including life assurance
- Full 3 week training program and ongoing support
- Medicash health cash plan
- Discounted Gym membership
- Health and wellbeing program
- Company Sick Pay
- High street discounts
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Chargehand role then please click 'apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!