Job Description Job Code: Z29
Title: Journeyman/Sr./SME, Sensors and Seekers Systems EngineerJob Location:
Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)Paragon has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman/Sr./SME, Acquisition Program Engineer
supporting the Armament Systems Development Division, AFLCMC/EBZ
, Eglin AFB FL, which is part of the AF Armament Directorate.
This Division has responsibility for developing concepts, demonstrating prototypes, and analyzing mission effectiveness to address capability gaps. Job Responsibilities:Duties include:
- Provide resources with knowledge and experience in the design, development, testing, modeling, fielding, and production of air-to-air and air-to-ground seekers and sensors for armament systems. Such systems include seekers and sensors for systems and subsystems capable of launch and leave, automatic target acquisition and lock-on-after and lock-on-before-launch capabilities, for applications ranging from subsonic through hypersonic.
- Seeker and sensor systems include but are not limited to radar, infrared and electro-optical and the following components: transducers; solid-state integrated circuitry; electro-mechanical and mechanical servo systems; embedded computer hardware and software system; algorithm and software development; and signal processing knowledge (i.e, target detection, classification, tracking, image formation etc.).
- Responsible for Sensors and Seekers concept designs and evaluation of environment design criteria, Open Architecture IRS and SRS development, Test planning and coordination with developmental test organizations, Planning and executing weapons performance requirements analysis and documenting results of subsystem and system cost-capability studies
- US Citizen
- Top Secret clearance(Updated within six years with no adverse reporting)
- Subject Matter Expert – Ph.D. in Engineering + 25 years relevant experience, or MS in Engineering + 25 years’ experience, and national recognition in the technical field, specialized engineering, and is considered as an expert in this technology area.
- Senior – MS in Engineering + 15 years relevant experience, or Ph.D. in Engineering +5 years relevant experience
- Journeyman – BS in Engineering +5 years of relevant experience, or MS in Engineering +3 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Travel is very infrequent (< 5 days per month), normally with at least 14-days advanced notice.
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Paragon Solutions, Inc., provides technical and management consulting services to public sector clients. Our strengths are in Acquisition Management, Cybersecurity and System Engineering. We have developed an outstanding reputation for technical expertise and customer satisfaction. Paragon routinely leads teams of Government, Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) and contractor personnel in formulating strategies, plans and requirements documents.Role: Sensors Systems Engineer - DoD Job Type: Location: Eglin Air Force Base, Apply for this job now.