Under minimal supervision, the Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for technical support of the enterprise applications including the Ellucian Banner ERP and partner systems. This includes implementation of new features, development of enhancements, user reporting needs, and problem analysis and resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst ensures quality application development and works collaboratively with stakeholders to design, program, and implement university solutions. The Senior Programmer Analyst is an active member in department and university team-building activities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of application programming and data analysis, mentoring other staff.
- Collaborate with business users to analyze problems and opportunities for efficiencies; understand their goals and initiatives and transform them into solutions.
- Support users with problem resolution and elimination.
- Tune application code for optimal performance and security.
- Maintains proper programming documentation including requirements gathering, executive summaries, system inter-dependencies, and process/data flows and algorithms.
- Designs, codes, tests, and deploys custom applications as well as enhancements to existing information systems. Validates and ensures quality of code and data. Peer review other staff's work.
- Implements new features of existing systems, third-party products, and data integration.
- Develop and follow best practices regarding application design, reporting/data standards, and system configuration.
- Participates in change management activities.
- Design user reports, dashboards, and other information needs.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and programming languages; adapts to changing technology.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Develop a detailed understanding of university processes in order to support operations and develop new solutions.
- Adhere to all policy and procedures within the Office of Information Technology as well as all university policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a developer/programmer working on large systems development.
- Experience with relational database systems (preferable Oracle), PL/SQL, Java, XML, web application development, Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with data warehouse and multi-dimensional data modeling is a plus.
- Strong communication, problem solving, team building, and organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively in teams and individually.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Possess a strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to self-learn new technologies and programming languages.
Role: Senior Programmer Analyst
Location: New Haven,
Apply for this job now.