As a member of the philanthropic services division at BWF, you'll use your expertise in nonprofits and fundraising to help organizations across the country strengthen their development services efforts and advance their missions. Focusing on systems and operations, this position will work with clients and as a member of engagement teams to conduct assessments and deliver subsequent deliverables, including but not limited to areas such as gift processing, reporting, technology systems, business processes and other related functions that support the fundraising process. This position will rely heavily on project management experience, good judgment, and proactive time management. The ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and accountability for various processes and projects is crucial.
As part of the philanthropic services team, you will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from industry-leading consultants as they help clients to discover solutions to their operations challenges. This position reports to a Senior Vice President of the Systems and Operations practice and works collaboratively with clients, consultants, and support staff.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. A current resume and cover letter are required to complete your application.
- Client engagements. Define engagement scope of work and deliverables. Provide excellent delivery of consulting services, in partnership with clients. Engagements may include program reviews, fundraising strategy development and implementation, feasibility studies, campaign counsel, board engagement, or other services as needed.
- Product and/or service development. Proactively consider marketable service lines that align with client needs and marketplace demand. Possess the ability to consider monetization of these needs and resources required to deliver such services.
- Marketing. Regularly write and speak to promote expertise in philanthropy through firm and industry publications, conferences, or events.
- Sales. Develop and maintain a robust network of potential clients, initiate conversations with potential clients, and actively respond to sales opportunities, including writing proposals and participating in sales presentations.
- Ongoing professional development. Participate in ongoing internal activities as a productive and active member of the firm. These may include orientation and ongoing trainings, firm-wide client review meetings, and other skill-building activities.
- Extensive experience working with technology and business processes that relate to fundraising operations within a development environment.
- Relevant work experience related to fundraising, including exposure to fundraising in a higher education, healthcare, or other nonprofit setting.
- Powerful analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, and a solid strategic thinking ability.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Comfortable with selling services and generating leads and clients for themselves and the firm.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that can be directed to product development, managing staff and generating revenue.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Be willing to be an active leader in the firm and the industry and have an interest in sharing knowledge and expertise with others.
- Ability to create a strong, positive initial impression and maintain a solid professional credibility.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% time.
The successful BWF consultant will also:
Compensation and Benefits
- Be appropriately patient in ambiguous situations and creative and flexible in his/her willingness to customize and adapt.
- Possess a high energy level, a strong sense of urgency, and a strong sense of personal responsibility for results.
- Be able to motivate, praise and provide recognition to others.
- Be a team player and, at the same time, have a strong drive for independent, entrepreneurial achievement
Location and Hours
- Competitive salary ; commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Benefits package available.
To apply please submit current resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- This position can be remote or based in our Minneapolis office.
- Extensive travel may be required depending on client and project needs.
- Standard business hours apply, with weekend and evening hours required when deadlines need to be met.
BWF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to developing an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.