Seeking a Project Manager for our internal IT team for infrastructure and product initiatives. In this role you would be responsible for ensuring IT delivers satisfaction through dedication to the success of the assigned initiatives and manage the relationship with involved business partners. Your overall goal would include ensuring the appropriate IT resources are engaged to complete approved projects on time and within budget, service level reporting and presentations, and assisting with estimating and budget planning.
You will work closely with your peers within the organization to provide project requirements needed to determine accurate timelines and deliverables. This position will need to have a firm understanding of products, implementation/execution times, and the value each can add.
• Primary point of contact for all existing infrastructure and application initiatives including reporting, costing and issues for specific portfolio related projects.
• Manage road blocks for initiatives and use feedback from partners to provide valuable internal discussion points
• Support IT budget by gathering initiative spend and monitoring project hours
• Ensure new initiatives are delivered to detailed requirements
• Oversee assigned initiatives minimizing budget and schedule variance while driving resolution of issues and minimizing risks.
• Implement departmental policies and procedures
• Monitor terms/conditions of service level agreements and performance of all parties to these agreements in accordance with the initiatives.
• Triage demands and work to present alternative solutions when presented with unclear requests
• Partner with required support groups ensuring that projects are delivered on time, on budget and in a well-tested and stable state
• Maintain in depth knowledge of assigned initiatives.
Speak to details of the project to both the business and technical teams from beginning to end of all projects
• Manage business partners’ satisfaction with IT and serve as a single point of contact for all initiatives
Gather and updating project materials, completing budgeting, forecasting, project documentation, business flows, and lessons learned documents
• Provide risk management and issue/problem resolution as required
Track project changes and produce an updated schedule as agreed with other Departments and Stakeholders
Minimum of 5 years experience in a large service environment
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience working with external clients delivering IT infrastructure based solutions
Experience understanding or creating network and hosting designs
Experience with Data Center architecture, management and monitoring
Experience in the multifamily housing industry or consulting backgrounds preferred
Experience setting realistic customer expectations when dealing with tight timelines and demanding clients
Strong written and verbal communication skills; this position will require extensive documentation (Monthly and Quarterly Service Level Reviews, Semi-Annual portfolio presentations, etc.)
Project Management Methodology or System Life Cycle Methodology experience
Ability to travel if needed
Ability to work extended hours if needed
Understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies, trends, virtualization, networking, etc; and technologies such as AD, VMware, Windows Server, Cisco, Redhat, Exchange, Linux, SQL
Experience managing an active portfolio of projects
Experience with MS project server, reporting, analysis tools (SSRS, PowerBI) and Microsoft Office
Ability to provide ROI, IRR and payback analysis
Demonstrated ability to document requirements, create project plans, document risks and issues.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts preferred
Experience managing large IT infrastructure projects strongly desired
Demonstrated success overseeing concurrent projects
Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or similar field preferred
- provided by Dice